One shot One Kill

dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I just got a chance to try out my new rifle on game, & boy is it a sweetie !! My brother inlaw has a very large farm and gets nuisance permits for deer so I had to try it out, 270yds off a round hay bale with 300win mag shot from a savage 110BA with 6.5x20 leupold mark 4 TMR illuminated reticle. 1/2" groups @ 200 yds with factory ammo. I love this gun.:biggrin: 0912111949.jpg0304111833.jpg

The deer should be very afraid!!!! Lol good shooting nice gun,what exactly is it?? Thanks Mike

A Savage 110BA tactical bolt action rifle with 28" fluted bull barrel , muzzle brake, 5 round mag, adjustable stock, & adjustable accutrigger ( savage's patented trigger system). Total gun weight about 16lbs. and recoils like a 22 rim fire. The scope with the illuminated retical makes low light shots easy. This is not a gun I would normally take hunting (way to heavy)but with it I can cover a very large field with confidence, great for sniping nuisance deer. I can't wait to shoot it out past 500yds , my range at home is only 200yds :) Sam

I'm sure having that beautiful bullet launcher helps, but that is some dern good shootin man!! nice work. please post those 500+yd targets.

You need a permit to shoot a gun on a farm? BTW nice shooting.

The permit is for deer out of season because of crop damage. The DEC issues x amount of permits per farm depending on size I believe.

That is the new military sniper round I understand... I have been using the 300WSM for a while and love it...

It was the 300 win mag or 338 lapua, the 338 is way to expensive & much harder to find even if hand loaded so I went with the 300. I think the military started using the 300 wm over the 308 , a little flatter shooting. I originally wanted a .50 cal, but I realy liked the looks of this gun plus it got good reveiws, did I need it ..... nope... but it sure is fun . :biggrin::biggrin: Sam

Very nice, that guns on my short list.... I actually live 10 minutes from Savage Arms, about 2 miles as the crow flys. I had the opportunity to shoot that exact gun at the range a few weeks ago and fell instantly in love.. not like I love my wife... but I sure do want one. I'm figuring around $1800.00 when it's time, plus scope, bi-pod, etc...

It was the 300 win mag or 338 lapua, the 338 is way to expensive & much harder to find even if hand loaded so I went with the 300. I think the military started using the 300 wm over the 308 , a little flatter shooting. I originally wanted a .50 cal, but I realy liked the looks of this gun plus it got good reveiws, did I need it ..... nope... but it sure is fun . :biggrin::biggrin: Sam

I was thinking the same about the 50cal, found some upper assemblies that drop right onto one of my AR15 lowers.... but then after shooting the 110ba 300... I thought for the money, a 338 would fit the bill... the more I read about the 300 the more I want one, so that's it.. when the time and the deal is right, hopefully I can "pull the trigger"

You EVIL black gun lovin' radical nuts are INSANE!!!! What in the world do you need a EVIL looking gun like that for? Pokin' holes in paper? I can do that with a pencil and be right in the middle every time. I don't NEED to poke holes in paper from 500 yards, either. MAN......I though Buick guys were "Fast with Class"? I think I'm going to have to quit participating on this site. I mean I don't want "The Man" thinking that I am part of this radical kind of stuff. GUNS are for killin people! A simple HUG will melt bad guys evil ways. Give 'em a chance to to learn what it's like to enjoy life. Guns make soooooo much noise, too. It is an envirionmental noise nuisance. When I go for a walk in the woods picking flowers, I HATE it when you gun FREAKS have to RUIN my afternoon making BIG POW...POW...POW...noise. I'm afraid to even be there 'cause I'm sure one day one of you drunk shooters is gonna miss the beer can you're shooting at and hit me.

Hey beautiful weapon, Nice shootin', too. I've never learned to shoot long range, as most of my hunting is Pheasants, Chukar, Ducks and Grouse. A 300 Win Mag just won't work for me. Hand guns and Shotguns for me. The above is just some of the B.S. I've heard from people here in the "Land of Libs".:biggrin:

I really want a 338. I've had a 300 win mag for while and I got a offer I couldn't refuse. Usually I do not sell any of my guns but it was a great deal for me so bye bye it went. 2 days later I was looking at the 338's and WOW I just have to have one. The real problem is once ya get the weapon system you have to be able to afford enough scope for you needs....:biggrin: And quality optics are friggen outrageous.

I really want a 338. I've had a 300 win mag for while and I got a offer I couldn't refuse. Usually I do not sell any of my guns but it was a great deal for me so bye bye it went. 2 days later I was looking at the 338's and WOW I just have to have one. The real problem is once ya get the weapon system you have to be able to afford enough scope for you needs....:biggrin: And quality optics are friggen outrageous.

Yep, need a great scope... I want a 338 and the .50 is coming one day too... I have a new BA-50 at the shop. We have it up for sale as I want to upgrade to a Barrett:cool:

Let me know what scope you want. I can usually beat optics planet on prices...

Thanks for the compliments :biggrin:. On the subject of optics , go top shelf . My scope was $1300 and rings $125,but you get what you pay for. That deer I shot was in low light right at sun down and it was like it was right in front of me . The illuminated recticle makes it easy to place your shot, no dark crosshairs on a dark target. One thing I noticed is that with a good scope is when it seems to dark to shoot across a field it isn't .

Turbofabricator.. All my big game hunting is with a handgun. I stopped using my shotgun 10 years ago. Now I carry a Thompson Contender chambered in 358JDJ (necked down 444 Marlin case to 35 cal.) . That is a wildcat so I have to reload it and topped with a leupold 2.5-8 power scope it is a 1/2 MOA gun. My inside 50yds gun is a Ruger Super Redhawk in 454 casull with open sights. Recoil dosen't bother me much.:eek: Sam

Looks identical to my BAT/S 308.Love the trigger pull.Been waiting for my paper work from the ATF.Got a can going on the end:biggrin: