Ongoing diagnosis...miss at higher RPMs

Jeff

'87 GN (for sale)
After my '87 failed the Texas emissions test today I started giving it the once over...found some bad vacuum lines which I replaced (anyone with a complete vacuum diagram please let me know where to find it!).
Next, I started the car, it seemed to run a little better at first, but still smells rich. So I hooked up the timing light to see if all the cylinders were firing OK. Found that all were good at idle, but raising the RPMs a little without a load (~2500 RPM) all cylinders started to miss pretty badly. I have a new AC/Delco module and coil pack, new wires, new plugs, and replaced all vacuum lines (hopefully they're hooked up right). Also, new O2 sensor, fresh air filter, and totally stock other than that.
Could this be due to a problem with the injectors? This is a 115K mile car and I suspect that these are the original injectors based on the apparent lack of maintenance over the life of the car.
oh yeah, haven't messed with the TPS or IAC, could this be the problem?
Any other suggestions...I'd like to get this car street legal then really start tuning it.
Thanks,
Jeff

The first thing I looked at on my 160k mile car, was to see if the turbo was blowing oil into my intercooler. It was. This could be the problem with your car, if what you say is true about the maintanance history of the car. Pull the up pipe off, if you haven't already, and look to see if the inside of your throttle body is covered with oil. This would clog up your IAC.

If it is, you'll need to rebuild or replace the turbo, and clean the oil out of the throttle body, intercooler, up pipe, etc.

Also, just because you bought new coilpacks, doesn't mean you got good ones. I went through 3 new ones from GM until I finally got good ones.

Just my thoughts. Good luck.;)

did some of that...

Cleaned the IC, TB, and IAC today right before the emissions test. They were oily, but I still have the stock valve cover vent, and who knows if it's ever been cleaned before...
I guess I'm going to have decide if I'm keeping the car (buy scantool and diagnose properly) or get rid of it (put for sale sign on car)
I'd really like to keep this car...
Jeff