Open challenge???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why dont we just find a 1987 Turbo Regal thats as stock as you can get these days - upgraded exhaust, maybe an air intake and a 1987 Mustang LX sedan with the same mods. I will guarantee that the Regal will win. A stock 5.0 vs. a stock GN stands no chance. Just Here, I don't understand, with all those mods on your Mustang I sure as hell hope you can beat a Turbo Regal with as few mods & that many miles on it like mine!!! Either way, stock or highly modified, my money goes with the Buicks! And even worse is that you can get a Turbo Regal to run the same times as you for a much lower price!!:D As far as your truck goes, why do you have to run the NOS? You have two more cylinders than we do! I guess no confidence in what you drive...;)

Go AWAY..

Horsemeat!!!

I can't believe I am WAISTING my time yes because I got something to say to say to MR I think I know it all.

Buddy, I have owned 2 GN’s. I spent time and effort RESEARCHING these cars from top to bottom before purchasing one. If you want proof see ROAD AND TRACKS ARTICLE they were the FASTEST PRODUCTION VEHICLES in 1987. Still today they can hold there own and STOCK. I purchased my first GN in 1992 and it was STOCK with just minor tuning it turned 13.1's all day. I was the FASTEST stock CAR at MOROSO back in 1992. If you were around that long ago you would remember my car "Whiplash Liquor." My second car, GOD HELP HER, was just stolen on TUESDAY morning and if it cannot be found I will go and buy another one. GEEE I wonder why, cause these cars are amazing. There is a REASON why our cars are treasured. Those that KNOW us RESPECT us. I am at TOWERS every week and have been there for years. When I did not have my second car and still when I finally got it, I would hang with the HORSEMEAT crowd as they are all friends of mine and they RESPECT our cars cause they know what they are capable of.

NOW, you need to get you butt off this board and go to your ALPO BOARD and talk your crap. You are not welcome here unless you can have the respect for ALL CARS and respect the fact that the CRAP that you have been dishing was done so not for your QUEST FOR KNOWLEDGE but for the mere fact of causing trouble. You speak lies based on NO FACT. IF you did have FACT then you should have presented it in a more respectful fashion. Maybe if you would have come across in a more RESPECTFUL manner you would have gotten what you were looking for. I can assure you that I still have the TIME SLIPS from my FIRST STOCK GN but I would never waste my time showing them to idiots like you.

I would not have wasted my time writing this, but see I lost something that meant a lot to me because someone DESIRED what I have because they knew what it was capable of. Funny I don’t see thieves out there jacking MUSTANG LX's. But the fact that an 87 car can still be a wanted car to a FELON means something.

Now why don’t you do something more CONSTRUCTIVE with your time and RESEARCH the trash you DONT know instead of SPEAKING the CRAP you do on this board. Now I have to go back to trying to FIND MY CAR so I am leaving you to the rest of the members if you are smart you will just go away. Realizing the fact that you have OUTSTAYED your welcome.

Ohhhh By the way while you are doing your research one other thing you can do…

BITE ME!!!!!!

Tony

For those interested. Just Here and I have agreed to a race once/if he gets his car fixed. In my conversations with him, I did find one advantage the GN's have. They are much easier to work on. It takes him 5-7 weeks to get a transmission installed. Money isn't the issue (he is willing to race me for $10,000), so it must be a dificult install. Needlss to say, I told I am ready now, and we could both drive from our houses to a point half way and race just to prove street worthiness.
He started the ****, I called him on it, now he's not ready. Don't bother taking him up on any of his other races, he either won't believe the car is stock, or have some excuse not to race the other race even though he is making all the rules.

Just for the record, I am not Buick biased, I have several customers with other brands including some Fords with turbo power (ones a Lightning).

Hmmm, wish I had the money to fix/upgrade the 87 right now. I would be willing to drive the car from here (South GA) to Moroso to beat up on his little not-stock V8 Ranger, then drive my GN back home. I can honestly say the car is a 23K mile stock block GN using "mildly" ported factory heads...:D

People like him make me so glad I switched from Ford to Buick.

Cal...that turbo Lightning wouldn't happen to be Jason Brown's would it? :D

Originally posted by HighPSI
It takes him 5-7 weeks to get a transmission installed. Money isn't the issue (he is willing to race me for $10,000), so it must be a dificult install.

LMAO...it must have a lot of extra bolts or something. :D It might've taken us what, 30 minutes to put your trans back in last week at BG? He must've gotten the bellhousing that uses 10,000 sheetmetal screws into the block for extra strength.

Hey guys. Funny little thread you got here. I don't want to reply to "just here", but I do want to share some thoughts with my Buick Bretheren:
====================
...and any car can beat any car on any day and there is always someone faster...ain't that the truth?

Sure, there are plenty of fast mustangs out there. Camaros to. And you know, becuase they have been making mustangs for 40 years and they only made the turbo buick for a few years, there are a lot more fast mustangs then fast turbo buicks.

Why did I buy my car? Becuase not everyone has one. Becuase they don't sell 500,000 cheapy v-6 versions (no pun intended) to "chicks" each year. Think about it. How many v-6 mustangs do you see at a stop light each day? At least one at each stop light, right? And who do you see driving it? A chick.

Can five or even four people sit comfortably in a mustang?

When I go out, people always ask (real MEN anyway), "who's GN is that parked outside"? You don't see people asking "who's v-6 mustang is that outside"? Even SVT's don't get no respect like that.

The popular mechanics article says it all:
http://popularmechanics.com/automotive/collector_cars/1997/8/showdown_muscle_cars/print.phtml

And the minimum time for the "stock" class for turbo buicks at the GS nationals is 12.20:
http://buickgsca.com/race_rules.htm#TSS

What choices do we have these days?:
http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/comparison/articles/43923/page009.html

Wanna NEW car with rear wheel drive that goes fast for under $30K? Buy a mustang.

Wanna classic car with rear wheel drive that goes fast and has originallity and one that people will ask you about it everytime you stop for gas? for under $10K? Buy a buick...

Originally posted by Slo86GN
Cal...that turbo Lightning wouldn't happen to be Jason Brown's would it? :D

LOL! How did you guess?

Don't forget Kendall. I use the inferior GM transmission. That's why we can pull it, rebuild it, and install it in about 3 hours of actual labor (beer drinking excluded).

The troll has another thread also....

The little troll sent me a few nasty e-mails, so I thought I would post them here so you guys can see the mentality you are dealing with.

#1.

Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 02:53:41 EDT

Subject: What WERE you thiking of?

To: Joeb1320@yahoo.com

Joe,
Did you, or do you think that talking trash like that really
affects me? I suppose you were interested in the transmission but got upset about something I said. SO friggin' WHAT? The transmission sold. It was a good deal and even your hero, Bruce said so. Do you think that EVERYONE is so childish as to pass on such a deal just because a few nobodies got angry?? Nope!
I asked a simple question. You guys got bent because you're all
to "special" to not answer when you know you didn't HAVE the correct one! So now you're all upset and you think if none of YOU purchase the product, that nobody else will either. BAD thought process on your part.
Look around, look aound! Did someone tell you that there aren't any people who might need a GN transmission EXCEPT those on this web board? DUH! You'll find that you get glad in the same pants you got mad in! Regardless, you're young, you'll adjust. Do you even know what my initial thread was??? If you do, care to offer an ANSWER here, since you didn't do so on the board??? You're all acting like 2 year olds who couldn't get the pacifier back from mommy. Good day

And #2.
From: Cheatrslix@aol.com | Block Address | Add to Address Book

Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 02:04:59 EDT

Subject: The transmission was sold

To: Joeb1320@yahoo.com

Thanks for your input. A day late and $1,600.00 SHORT!
You kids crack me up when you get to whining! You've taken a simple questin and tuned it into a "bash the guy you can't compete with" contest.
Do I care? Hardly. It's not so difficult to see the simple facts. Take that 255hp 3600 lb (w/o driver) GN that should run 14.07@96 according to all the numbers and compare it to 3300 lb (with driver) Mustag with 260hp. You guys will still argue that the GN runs 13's and the Mustang doesn't. That's egotistical at best. Add a driver and the GN weighs in at about 3750 and the 1/4 mile ET drops to the 14.30's. Imagine that! Good day

I simply replied that I was running low 9s while you were probably still in diapers..... Stop trying to annoy adults and you won't be treated like a child.

Here is the other thread he started........
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=41237&referrerid=5316

Childish mentality to say the least.

I got 2 emails from him. The first was similiar to those. The second was a little better. Not so antagonistic.

I am trying to get a date from him for his Ranger, cause his Mustang is out of my league.:( But i have asked 3 times for a day and he hasn't answered that question yet.

Cal, keep us posted so we can all come to watch.

Scott

Cal, how about you just race Jason instead of me??
Anyway, I told you the reason it would take time. It is 1 thing, the transmission isn't BUILT YET! I only ordered it on Sunday! You knew that, and yet, here you are trying to make yourself look special! Bring that Regal TONIGHT and I'll race it with the RANGER!!
And that goes for the rest of you. Show up and give it
a shot. You all know already that Cal is the ONLY one with a chance, you you just hang onto his coat tails! Most of you know you can't even compete with the PICKUP TRUCK! My goodness, don't you all look strong!
Irv, I told you 3 times already, Friday night at Moroso. I'll be there. I told everyone and didn't DIDclude you. However Irv, adding slicks won't take you into the 11's. But c'mon out anyway.
It's hard to believe that 1 simple question gets you guys going for so long!!! :rolleyes: I'm still having fun with it tho... :D
Anyone care to take the challenge??? EVEN YOU Cal...

You NEVER, NOT ONCE, told me to come down on Friday. I never said that slicks could get me in the 11's. Stop putting words in my mouth. I said i have the potential to get there. With 109mph dont you think 11's are possible?

Scott

Originally posted by Just here
Cal, how about you just race Jason instead of me??

Sorry, like I posted earlier. I am not as big of a "brand biggot" as you are. I know of a lot of Fords faster than my car (3 that I work on). But, if you want to bet on Jason's truck. I will race it for as much money as your stupid enough to bet.

Anyway, I told you the reason it would take time. It is 1 thing, the transmission isn't BUILT YET! I only ordered it on Sunday! You knew that, and yet, here you are trying to make yourself look special!

Don't start telling lies. I just went through ALL 3 of your private posts. Not once did you mention that it wasn't built yet. You did mention in your first post that it would take 3-4 weeks, then later the same day you say you need 5-7 weeks. WTF?

Bring that Regal TONIGHT and I'll race it with the RANGER!!

How much $$? I am not about to drop everything tonight just to go out and shatter your ego. The day is getting short, so let me know ASAP.

MOOSTWANG ROAST???

WHAT?? $10,000?? Hell, I'll take some of that if anyone is layin anything off.;)

As for a stock GN.. That troll wouldn't know a stock GN if someone gave him a new one in 87!!
I've got a stock 86.. maybe he'd like some of it??:D :D

Sounds to me like this guy has too many trips to a crack house to be realistic about cars and performance....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cal, if you need me to bring my "bulldog" and drive on down, I'll hold the money til you come back to collect.:cool:

Cal, you missed nothing at Reynolds on Sunday. Fastest "Moostwang" went 10.70 something. we went 10.87 w/ the turbo hose blown off and 9psi!!
actually there were as many GN's there as horse meat donors!!;)

This guys great.I haven't had a good laugh for a little while.Reminds me of the good old days of King Richard.Lets review,he's got a car,but its broke.He's got a Ranger,but it's not his.He knows how to read a magazine hence the Manero and Jeremy reference.He can't build a motor,he ordered one.First he wouldn't race for money,now he supposedly will?And on top of all that he thinks he has a fast car,what a genius.

Why do these trolls pop up when my freaking motor is apart? When the damn car is together and set to kill, I can't ever seem to get a race..... reminds me of ricers. :rolleyes: Oh well, for the moment this is a cheap source of entertainment. I just want to be there when someone hands him his @$$. Funny thing though..... Up until 3 months ago, I spent close to 4 years in the Palm Beaches and I don't have any idea who the hell he is. I though I knew all the guys who were even remotely fast, regardless of what make they were driving. I know I roasted a few mustang owners who even sprayed and they were cool even if they lost. :cool: Who IS this puke anyway?

Originally posted by Just here
Bring that Regal TONIGHT and I'll race it with the RANGER!!
And that goes for the rest of you. Show up and give it
a shot. You all know already that Cal is the ONLY one with a chance, you you just hang onto his coat tails! Most of you know you can't even compete with the PICKUP TRUCK...

Im calling BS on this truck. A stock wheel base ford ranger is going to have some major traction problems IMHO for the amount of power this guy is claiming this truck makes. If it is, what the guy says it is, this truck is not a street truck.

Regardless, im going to find out how bad this truck is tomorrow night for sure.

Alex

Call BS on the truk!!

Right on, Alex!!:D The troll should be driving a dump truck... just so he won't run out of BS to shovel at us!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It could be a "Ranger" truck, allright... a RUMP RANGER!!!:eek:

I do seem to remember a blown and tubbed Ranger..... low 11s if I remember correct. Funny that it's not HIS. Gee, do you think Conley will let me drive Tweaked just to say I am driving the fastest car at the track? :rolleyes:

This guy is out of control...

Check out his email to me...

Let's see here. *I* said the point is there arn't any around and you tell me I have a serious
problem and continue by telling me... THERE AREN'T ANY AROUND!!! Then you add their age, SO? Simply enough, there aren't many GN's.
Don't worry about the truck being there. You'll either race or you won't. My brother said he'll
try to go but isn't sure yet. Kids come 1st, not the heat of the night in May. Show up or don't. I'm not concerned. You guys live in your own world anyway.
Remember this. THE quickest 2 GN's in the world run UPPER 6 second 1/4 miles and BOTH have 2 turbos, while Mustangs and Camaros commonly run UPPER to MID 6's with only ONE turbo. So the silly comment about GN's "ruling drag strips" is all but maniacle and DOES qualify as ludicrous. You guys all boil down the same. Reality is blinded by that little orage "Jiffy Lube" sign (but it's backward). When you find someone who really DOES drive even 3-4 days a week in their 10 second (or even low 11) GN, try to get them to drive to the track and race me.
While you're thinking of what NEXT to say I said, (when I didn't) remember that I never ONCE
said the Ranger runs 10's. You'll have a clue what it runs if you come race.
And what's harrassing??? Whatever... Makes no difference. Drag race, don't ...Drag race, don't ... Talk fast, don't... Talk fast, don't... Talk fast AND Drag race??? DO!
I'm still not angry, but the excuses are already mounting and it's really pointless. The choice is yours, but I'm done being bothered by chit chat that won't be proven. That's why we GO drag racing.

This guy has some serious problems. He just continuely repeats himself. He really just dislikes buicks for whatever reason. And as you guys can see, he says im the one making excuses, when he is the one who may not be able to have the truck tomorrow, where as Im ready to go RIGHT NOW!

I replied to one of his emails before this one and told him to lose my email address since i was getting a little annoyed by his gay ass emails about how fords rule the world.:rolleyes:

"just here" please "just get the F(uck out of here"

I am praying he shows up tomorrow. This guy is going to get an ear full for sure.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.