Opinions needed - alky feasibility questions

QuickWE4

Fuggedaboudit.
Hi All:

Is it pretty much everybody's opinion that alky is a worthwile mod for those guys that run their cars at the strip occasionally or is it equally as valuable for a low-mileage street car? I'm thinking that, with my combo, it would serve as an insurance policy against detonation. The reason I ask is that I've been told the sweet spot for my turbo is in the 22psi area, and I start to get nervous at those levels.

Here's my combo - what do you think? Go with alky or don't worry about it as long as I'm tuned properly? AGain, car is a low miler show car that sees some spirited stoplight to stoplight races occasionally.

FYI - I run Powermist RFG 105 unleaded exclusively.
TA51
009's
THDP w/hd actuator
accufab reg
Walbro 307 hotwired
RJC powerplate
ATR SS 2.5 exhaust w/pitbulls (no cat)
stock heads
PTS Xtreme TC
Big Mouth Cold Air Kit
Mease Perf. Big neck I/C
Stock MAF

Thanks all! Looking forward to hearing opinions:D

Rich

Do you ever see KR now?

If not you don't need alky. with that good gas.

Unless, you need to hit 25 psi. or something. ;)

Absolutely get the alchy. Activate the turn-on at 2-3 psi below the point aqt which you are getting knock now. 22-23 psi is a no-problem level with alchy.

Get an alky system and start buying 93 octane instead. The alky system will pay for itself in short order and you will be able to run more boost. With your setup and alky on a 93 chip, you should be able to run 24-25 lbs of boost.