You can type here any text you want

Opinions on Holeshot Wheels and Red Anodized Centers…

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

F-1

Opinions on Holeshot Wheels and Red Anodized Centers…

Well looking to shave a few pounds for the winter.. And was considering these wheels.. What do you think on my white “T” with Burgundy Interior…. They should knock 60+ pounds off the car..

Thanks,

Attachments

• prostar_redcenter_700.jpg
    prostar_redcenter_700.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 517
here is a pic of the car

Attachments

• NMCA_Launch.JPG
    NMCA_Launch.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 348
Nice looking wheels, but the red's a bit loud, IMO. If it were my car, I'd get charcoal gray or polished centers...

I like them and I like your car. Nice numbers!

I agree with Welby, my only complaint would be that red color. Other than that they look nice.

Do it and do it red. If you like it, then that is what matters. Gray, or black might look nice, but there are lots out there. You don't see red all that often, so yours would be different.

wagon said:
Do it and do it red. If you like it, then that is what matters. Gray, or black might look nice, but there are lots out there. You don't see red all that often, so yours would be different.

Yea, yea... the Red scares me alittle also.. It would be unique.... I guess the worst thing is I have the centers redone if it looks bad... I wish I could photo shop before I Shell out all that $$..

I think it would give a zing to the white. I had a white T/A with blue graphics. It needed the color to break it up. If you end up not liking the color you could have them powder coated to a differnt color.

Private message me I might be able to do some photoshop work and let you see how the wheels will look on your car.

urban gorilla said:
would you stop talking about that car its only a ttype haha .

Hey... whenever you feel like making a pass with that "Garage Furniture" of yours let me know... ALL SHOW NO GO!!! :eek:

The red anodizing is going to stick out like a sore thumb. Literally. As said before, I would go with either black anodizing, or gray anodizing, or flat or matte black powdercoating on the centers. Nice car, btw.
---------------------------
http://www.gnregistry.org/TRL00688B_BDA.htm
----------------------------

urban gorilla

hey u and i were looking at those rims at street nats there nice dave i would go with the gray or light silver.and im going to take you for a little ride at towers in that badass piece of furniture .

urbangorilla

MR.Wells, that is the cleanest ttype that i ever seen i bet your very proud of owning that.

I agree. There is something about white T's. I have been looking for a performance set of wheels for mine. These look great, but I need a strong and light street legal wheel. http://www.holeshotwheels.com/faq.html
Anyway, I was looking at the Holeshot wheel site. The FAQ section brings up this question:
Can these wheels be used on the street?

No, Holeshot Wheels are designed and built for legal drag racing only and are not D.O.T. approved.

Another way for the insurance companies to disallow a claim if anything happened? I am sure they are strong and well made though.

urban gorilla said:
MR.Wells, that is the cleanest ttype that i ever seen i bet your very proud of owning that.
---------------------------
Yes, thank you for the props. Bought it 3 years ago from the original owner with only 8.3K miles on it, has 19K on ther now. Quite a sleeper now, sporting a Hooker cat back system, Hooker Aerochamber muffs, GNX 02 sensor, SS THDP, Quad Air shorty hollow cat, Race Jace's power plate, complete set of black anodized stock looking pulleys, & hybrid boost controller, Walbro, hotwire, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, Turbobuicks 200 amp alternator, Turbobuicks high output lightweight mini-starter, polished Limit engineering TA-49, Thunderfab stock location intercooler, Neal Steward street chip & scanmaster.
Suspension: Bilsteins on all 4 corners, replaced missing #'s 3, 4, & missing # 5 GNX bushings, Kirban's front & rear stock height replacement springs, all of the Kirban stiffener braces, BMR rear fully adjustable upper control arms with spherical bearings on the front & 1LE rubber at rear, Global West rear lower control arms with spherical bearings at the front & Del-A-Lum bushings at the pumpkin side (rear), Global West 1" rear sway bar, & I just bought & mounted a set of 4 front GTA rims in like brand new condition still sporting about 99% of the clear coat, black centers, of course, wearing Michelin 245X50X16 Sport pilots. Dynoed about 2 months ago: 300 RWHP & 366 RWTQ. Got Mototron 60's ready to go on, & need to do a PSM (Pete Tomka) fresh air intake, & another Neal Steward chip. Have a brand new Razor's alky kit stored away in the garage for a rainy day, & Kirban's last complete brand new GM powermaster, brand new in the box for when this one goes south if it ever does. A few more spare parts store away than I can afford to have stashed. Currently running 22 lbs of boost & V.P. 100 octane unleaded race fuel. Sorry, should have never asked about my ride, I just can't shut up about it.

WLDWST said:
I agree. There is something about white T's. I have been looking for a performance set of wheels for mine. These look great, but I need a strong and light street legal wheel. http://www.holeshotwheels.com/faq.html
Anyway, I was looking at the Holeshot wheel site. The FAQ section brings up this question:
Can these wheels be used on the street?

No, Holeshot Wheels are designed and built for legal drag racing only and are not D.O.T. approved.

Another way for the insurance companies to disallow a claim if anything happened? I am sure they are strong and well made though.
------------------------
Robert: If you sold that thing to me you could forget about buying everything for it.

urban gorilla

mr wells i know what you mean about going on and on ive got 100 grand in my 87gn and im building a new motor as we speak and it is just a show car it should be in sept issue of gm hightech and you will see why i need my head checked .

Back