You can type here any text you want

Opinions on Holeshot Wheels and Red Anodized Centers…

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
urban gorilla said:
mr wells i know what you mean about going on and on ive got 100 grand in my 87gn and im building a new motor as we speak and it is just a show car it should be in sept issue of gm hightech and you will see why i need my head checked .
--------------------------
My friends call me Gary, unless they are mad at me, at which time they call me everything other than a child of God. I can't wait to see the issue, I can only imagine your pride of ownership in yours. I keep waiting for Robert West to sell me his. Robert, you haven't caged that thing yet, have you??

Gary, I couldn't afford to sell it now. It owes me too much, and is way too much fun so far. LOL No cage. That's for fast cars. Also screws up the sleeper image.
Back to the question about the wheels. I agree that the red center is a little out there, but I had a white Porsche a few years back that had mags with matching powder coated spokes. The rest of the wheel was polished. I always had good feedback on those. Just an idea.

F-1, I agree with the others, the red centers might be a little much. With a white body, any color that you add into the mix literally jumps right out at you when you look at the car, even if the color's white. I'd go with a polished center, especially after seeing them on two tone T, I think that would look best, particularly with the right sized tires and the car lowered down on them IMO. Or just keep the stockers on, it's just too cool to have a 10 second car with stock wheels on it, LOL.

Speaking of the stock wheels, WLDWST, do you have any full pics of yours with the widened stockers on it that you could post? (and if so, please post in either my chrome T pics or the newer chrome T pics thread that was started, I don't want to jack F-1's thread).

Thanks,
Jim

Well.... A special thanks to Headstrong3157 for putting this together.. I think the Red is out....

I really like the sleeper look of the Stockers too...I'm on the fence like usuall :rolleyes:

Attachments

• holeshots52.jpg
    holeshots52.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 212
F-1 said:
Well.... A special thanks to Headstrong3157 for putting this together.. I think the Red is out....

I really like the sleeper look of the Stockers too...I'm on the fence like usuall :rolleyes:

Good choice. I agree with you. I really like the look of those on your car with the plain centers. On the other hand, nothing wrong with the pro star look, but to me they are getting dated somewhat. In my opinion. I have prostars on my car now and they look too similar.

Stockers are stealthy and low key, and were very well designed in the first place.
The GBodyParts altered stockers that I have would be ideal for me if the backspacing didn't require a spacer on my particular car. Others seem to be able to use them with no spacers. Unfortunately I suffer from spacerphobia. Too many years of bracket racing I guess. I only used them for car shows. A sale for them locally is in progress, but no money recieved as of yet. If they don't sell, I may slightly alter my inside wheelwell so they fit.

I think you have a gorgeous car and it is in fabulous shape. My honest opinion is that the red is too "ghetto".

Also, the Holeshots look very similar to the Weld ProStars.

Why don't u just invest in some skinnies for the front and leave the stock T-Type wheels in the rear????

I love the stock TType rims....Again, nice ride!

Are those the stock T-Type wheels?

If so, what size tire are you running in the rears? Are u also using spacers?

I think I want to put my TType rims back on!

Nacho_WE4 said:
Are those the stock T-Type wheels?

If so, what size tire are you running in the rears? Are u also using spacers?

I think I want to put my TType rims back on!

Yes… they are stock (unmodified) wheels…I am running 27 x 10.5 x 15 Mickey Thompson ET Streets.. No Spacers, fit perfect… The tire size is equivalent to a 255/60/15 radial.. Mickey Thompson now makes that size in a Drag Radial.. Which I may start using for the street.. Up front is “Heavy” 235/60/15’s…. :eek:

Haha thanks for the fast reply. You must be "working" just like I am this morning :cool:

Yea, I have a set of Drag Lites on my car. I have the skinnies in front and the 15x8 in the rear. But I haven't had my car in YEARS and now I just got her back. There is just something about the look of the stock wheels that makes me fall in love with the car all over again.

If i had to rank the cosmetics of the Buicks it would be:

1. Mean Looking Brake Lights
2. Mean looking bulge on the hood
3. BAD BOY T-TYPE ALUMINUM RIMS :D

F-1 said:
Yes… they are stock (unmodified) wheels…I am running 27 x 10.5 x 15 Mickey Thompson ET Streets.. No Spacers, fit perfect… The tire size is equivalent to a 255/60/15 radial.. Mickey Thompson now makes that size in a Drag Radial.. Which I may start using for the street.. Up front is “Heavy” 235/60/15’s…. :eek:

Back