opinions on TT wideband correction please

QwuickTurbo6

Well I am seriously considering getting some 60lb injectors, a power logger, and sending my 5.6 back to be upgraded to a 6.0 so I can hook my PLX wideband up and let the car tune itself. I was wondering if those who have this set-up are happy with it and what kind of results you have experienced. Thanks in advance for any info

Im in the process now of tuning my new set up with a TT SD chip, powerlogger and PLX w/b...I love the A/F tracking!

I have the Powerlogger, PLX and TT 6.0 as well and they do their job quite well. It makes tuning alot easier and keeping an eye on the blms at wot (with powerlogger of course) you can make fueling adjustments to minimize the correction. I can run 24psi with 0 knock on 91 octane.

Does the chip do a good job of maintaining the target A/F or is it kind of slow in adjusting the fueling?

I had some problems with mine tracking. Turns out it was too fast at adjusting the fueling with my stock turbo. Eric send me a new chip that slows the correction rate and I'm good to go

I had some problems with mine tracking. Turns out it was too fast at adjusting the fueling with my stock turbo. Eric send me a new chip that slows the correction rate and I'm good to go

Thanks for the responses. I was wondering how effective it would be at managing the fuel curve. Does anybody know if the changes it makes from 128 to get the desired a/f are:confused: permamnent or if say the chip is too rich, the chip would cut fuel on the fly everytime u went WOT? This might be a question for Eric. Also, do you have to run the PL at all times to get the desired air/fuel ratio?

Does anybody know if the changes it makes from 128 to get the desired a/f are:confused: permamnent or if say the chip is too rich, the chip would cut fuel on the fly everytime u went WOT? This might be a question for Eric. Also, do you have to run the PL at all times to get the desired air/fuel ratio?

You still have to tune, just like an aftermarket computer. In other words, you monitor the correction and adjust the base fuel so the correction is minimal. If not, then the correction will start over every time you hit it.

PL has to be installed in the ECM at all times for it to work, since that's where the chip gets the air/fuel ratio from (as long as you have a wideband connected to PL).

The PL software itself does not need to be running, so you don't need to keep a laptop connected.

The correction speed is pretty fast. It checks and makes an adjustment about 10 times per second. If your base fuel is off, then you'll get a lean or rich spike when you first hit it, before the correction kicks in. Typically it will keep the A/F within +/-.2 of target, but you can get larger spikes on shifts sometimes.

You can download the instructions here: http://www.turbotweak.com/turbotweak60docs.pdf

Eric

You still have to tune, just like an aftermarket computer. In other words, you monitor the correction and adjust the base fuel so the correction is minimal. If not, then the correction will start over every time you hit it.

PL has to be installed in the ECM at all times for it to work, since that's where the chip gets the air/fuel ratio from (as long as you have a wideband connected to PL).

The PL software itself does not need to be running, so you don't need to keep a laptop connected.

The correction speed is pretty fast. It checks and makes an adjustment about 10 times per second. If your base fuel is off, then you'll get a lean or rich spike when you first hit it, before the correction kicks in. Typically it will keep the A/F within +/-.2 of target, but you can get larger spikes on shifts sometimes.

You can download the instructions here: http://www.turbotweak.com/turbotweak60docs.pdf

Eric

Thanks for clearing that up Eric. Sounds like a great system I'm sold:cool:
Just gotta find a deal on injectors since I got 009's

before I got my TT SD chip, powerlogger and PLX w/b every time the alky started to spray it would surge. I was difficult to get a smooth wot pull. With the A/F correction & w/b it's now very smooth. Yes, you have to do a significant amout of tuning at first IMO to get the tracking within 5% however after it's adjusted your golden. I love the TT chips and Eric is second to none with customer support.

On the 6.0 alchy chip what are the base settings for WOT AF if you dont tune & just use as supplied?

I think Eric can set them to whatever you want them to be. The instructions with mine said they were turned off by default but the chip had them set to 110 (11.0/1)

On the 6.0 alchy chip what are the base settings for WOT AF if you dont tune & just use as supplied?

If you look at the settings on your powerlogger screen, it will show the A/F settings. I usually set them to 10.8.

If you don't tune, you might not be in the correction window, and never hit the target A/F. You have to make a recording and look at what the correction did during the run, then adjust base fuel accordingly to minimize correction.

How do you log the % of o2 correction, I don;t see it on the powelogger screen?

How do you log the % of o2 correction, I don;t see it on the powelogger screen?

You look at your blms at wot ... the relative number from 128 will be the fueling correction (ie. 125 would be taking fuel out and 131 would be adding fuel).