You can type here any text you want

orange stripe converter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pwrdbypsi

I am planning on rebuilding my tranny and replaceing my converter. How good are these converters? Any failure? Is there a better converter for about the same price? I have a 60-1 and was looking for a budget l/u with 3000-3200 stall. Thank alex

Orange stripe BLAAAA

I did not like the orange stripe at all. I have seen some stock converters stall higher. Look into having yours re-stalled if you cannot afford a decent conv. I personally love the 0 pump vigalente I have. I have almost the same turbo as you and the spool is great. I could not get the orange stripe to stall more than 2300 rpm @ 0psi.

pwrdbypsi said:
I am planning on rebuilding my tranny and replaceing my converter. How good are these converters? Any failure? Is there a better converter for about the same price? I have a 60-1 and was looking for a budget l/u with 3000-3200 stall. Thank alex
This turbo really requires a smaller converter for proper spool if its a 3 bolt turbo. If its an old TO4 exhaust housing then it will need at least a 3600 stall at zero psi.

Mine blew on a 13 second car tune. I can send pics of it if somene gives me their e-mail address. I have had good luck with the stock D5, 9/11, and Yank.

thanks for the info guys, I still have the stock converter that has held 25 psi with race gas and the trans slipping a bit. I thought the orange stripe would be better than stock,guess not. Send me those pics to alxlx@bellsouth.net. I going to keep looking for a good budget converter.

crosspan.jpg

we sell a very efficient restalled d5 here .milled 14 blade stator ,woven fibre lock up clutch,billet turbine ,new hardened hub,furnace brazed fins and balanced.price is 289.00.this is about as budget as you can get and stil have a superior quality product.

Back