You can type here any text you want

Ordered my new tranny

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
I ordered my new tranny today. Its a switch pitch turbo 400 from PAE Enterprises. I'm going with the 11" S.P conv. He is going to build the converter with 4000/1900 stall. I have not heard of any other TTA guys running a S.P T400. Looks like I'll be the lab rat on this one. I know I'm losing over drive but the 200's don't seam to be very cost effective on faster cars. "MOST" guys who run the times that I'm trying to get to have either rebuilt thier trannies a couple of time or have switched to the T-400's. Pretty much all of the guys who have switched to the T-400's say they dont really miss the O.D 200 and its problems. I'm thinking that the highway driving with a low stall non O.D. won't be too bad. Hopefully the low stall mode of this set up will help bump up my mph and lower my ET's.

Wish me luck! Jason

Well heres the way I look at it. I have a heavy car and an engine that makes alot of torque. That would pretty much descibe an old GS. Now the GS guys say a S.P set up is worth a few mph and a few tenths over the non switch pitch set ups. I guess alot of the gain is going to have a whole lot to do with how good or bad your old set up was.

I'm curious how much yours is slipping. If you could list:
tire size
gear ratio
trap speed
rpms at end of the run

Getting info out of your sig. At 0 slip you should be right at 5000 even at 125 mph. How many rpms are you hitting at the end?

Jason

Back