You can type here any text you want

Ordering parts!!! But lets Make sure I got this right

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The aluminum GN1's offer a CNC port option. I wonder how those would compare to the Champion iron heads.

About $3500 with T&D rockers with 14 bolt race ported heads. Sure they will make more power but you have to build around them. More turbo, more cam more compression, peak cylinder pressures at higher rpm.

all I'm saying is if your gonna put out $1200 for champion ported irons, and then spend another $300 to $500 on extra porting of the irons why not just go with aluminum heads. For practically the same price, I would personally rather have aluminum heads. Even if your running the same amount of airflow through the heads (being restricted by cam/rpm) don't you get better combustion temps with aluminum heads?

just my 02 cents

He is only looking for a 130mph combo. He needs to spend nothing more than $1200 for heads. Thats even a little high. There are plenty of cheaper options out there that will produce the same result. Ive seen plenty of broken pedestals on 8 bolt heads too. Ive never seen this with iron heads unless someone attempted to shim the stock rocker setup

He is only looking for a 130mph combo. He needs to spend nothing more than $1200 for heads. Thats even a little high. There are plenty of cheaper options out there that will produce the same result. Ive seen plenty of broken pedestals on 8 bolt heads too. Ive never seen this with iron heads unless someone attempted to shim the stock rocker setup

Ok so about to start ordering some stuff.

The final say is 9.5" ptc,210/215,1.65RR,champion irons and lower intake, caspers injector hot-wire kit. Is this a low 10@130+ on 27psi. With my turbo? 6776 .63

What stall do I want?, along with pump and everything else when I order it

He is only looking for a 130mph combo. There are plenty of cheaper options out there that will produce the same result. Ive seen plenty of broken pedestals on 8 bolt heads too. Ive never seen this with iron heads unless someone attempted to shim the stock rocker setup

we had a set of "nothing" steel heads on Melissa's 10.10 @ 132 motor :biggrin: ya the 8 bolt alum can break to :eek:

Attachments

• alum Champion.JPG
    alum Champion.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 246
Dan,what did her car consist of exactly. What kinda boost was it running.

Dammm.. this was from 2007 :eek:
Engine
RJC girdle
ARP hardware
109 stock block
Diamond .020 pistons
stock crank cut 20/20
stock rods
212/212 Comp roller cam
NO Name mild ported heads
Cometic Headgaskets (NO they don't leak )
Champion ported stock intake
RJC power plate
stock plenum
stock TB bored to 62mm
stock crappy factory headers and crossover
3" down pipe to a dual 3" exhaust (we run threw the exhaust)
Dequick V4 stock location intercooler
67 DBB Precision Turbo
RJC boost valve
60# inj
TURBO TWEAK CHIP
LS1 MAF and reg Translator from Mike @ Full Throttle
Russ Merritt plug wires
stock ign and coil pack
single pump in tank / hot wire
ALKY DUAL NOZZLE set up from Julio

:cool:

Ok so about to start ordering some stuff.

The final say is 9.5" ptc,210/215,1.65RR,champion irons and lower intake, caspers injector hot-wire kit. Is this a low 10@130+ on 27psi. With my turbo? 6776 .63

What stall do I want?, along with pump and everything else when I order it
Just call Dusty and tell him what you are doing. He will take care of it.

Dammm.. this was from 2007 :eek:
Engine
RJC girdle
ARP hardware
109 stock block
Diamond .020 pistons
stock crank cut 20/20
stock rods
212/212 Comp roller cam
NO Name mild ported heads
Cometic Headgaskets (NO they don't leak )
Champion ported stock intake
RJC power plate
stock plenum
stock TB bored to 62mm
stock crappy factory headers and crossover
3" down pipe to a dual 3" exhaust (we run threw the exhaust)
Dequick V4 stock location intercooler
67 DBB Precision Turbo
RJC boost valve
60# inj
TURBO TWEAK CHIP
LS1 MAF and reg Translator from Mike @ Full Throttle
Russ Merritt plug wires
stock ign and coil pack
single pump in tank / hot wire
ALKY DUAL NOZZLE set up from Julio

:cool:

This is the combo I copied..:biggrin:;) Just tweaked it a little.

The GN1 flow more than the irons do right out of the box. So why would a street guy go ahead with more $$$$ to do more work to heads that work great ? I guess if ya run 9 with the Champion irons outta the box you'd prob go low 9s with the GN1s outta the box :p

Magazine Warriors.

Race with there Eyes and not the Head.

A.j.

Back