Original owners?

GullsGN

OLD HIPPIE
So, as the 87 GN approaches 25, how many of us are the original owners, bought new? Any guesses? I am one.

Over here. I got a leftover in Feb of '88. They had a GN that I wanted but it got sold before I could get my act together. It was between the one I bought and a Silver one.

Built in Dec. 1986 and has ~9K miles, but now has GNX type wheels and no ground effects package since the 3rd paint job.

Delivered with junk paint, so the dealer repainted it in 1987.

That flaked off last year.

After it was stripped to bare metal, it now has a "lifetime" warranty with BASF paint! :)

Bumpers and air dams are still white. :cool:

Attachments

• T-Type.jpg
    T-Type.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 426
Bought my WE4 new in March of '87. Has 38,000 miles now and still looks great and has still some of that new car smell in it!

me too........I think frame, left front fender, hood, and trunk lid is just about the only things left from '87........a few other odds and ends..... and the VIN...so it's still a 1987 Grand National.....

Original owner - Have EVERY original part from the day I drove it home except for tires - they didn't last long:rolleyes:

WE4 new July 1097.

200K miles and just out of retirement.

Put 200 miles on it this week. :eek:

Totalled in 1996. :mad:

Ordered in May of '86, had dealer (Klick-Lewis of Palmyra PA -$49 over invoice) hold for the '87 model year. One of the earliest '87 'T's around.
Original unopened engine and trans. 120k.

Ordered and then received a 86 T-type on Pearl Harbor Day 12/7/1985.
Currently has 78,000 miles,

Attachments

• 86t-type.jpg
    86t-type.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 361
Original GN owner here, ordered it Dec 1986, came in June 1st 1987, stolen Oct 1st 1987, got it back and safe and sound in garge now.

My late Dad bought the '87 Grand National in May of 1987....though I'm the owner of it now and still in the family, could this count for a little?

Bruce '87 Grand National

My late Dad bought the '87 Grand National in May of 1987....though I'm the owner of it now and still in the family, could this count for a little?

Bruce '87 Grand National
Sure, Bruce, since your butt has been in one seat or another since it was new. That, is, of course, if you are over 25 yourself. Me thinks you are:biggrin:.

Oh, BTW, mine has 144k on the unopened engine.