You can type here any text you want

Parts/Ford 9" in TR .

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KWIKR 1

I have a aftermarket Ford 9" in my 87 TR . it was installed by pervious owner and I would like to freshen up the brakes on it with new hardware and shoes . how do I order or find the right parts ? I can't just walk into a jobber and order shoes/hardware for a 87 TR with a 9" . Thanks .

Attachments

• $(KGrHqR,!jQE5cFUs8ftBOcMHCUY+!~~60_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqR,!jQE5cFUs8ftBOcMHCUY+!~~60_3.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 62
I'd start with measuring them. Most likely they are 11". After that you might be in for a little trial and error, Take the shoes off, (just one side, leave the other as a reference for reassembly) and take them with you to the parts store. I'd start with a mid 70's Thunderbird or similar big car.

Off topic: How do you like the A1000? Curious how loud it runs and if you run it full time or with a voltage regulator. Thanks, Scott

sorry to hijack.........
Scott. I used a A1000 rubber mounted ( shock absorber rubbers) and it wasn't bad, yes you could hear it. but
not so that it was annoying.

Check to see if it has a "Currie" tag on one of the axle tubes or on the diff.

If so, call them.

You might just want to call them for info anyway, they built many of the G body units that are out there today.

look and see if on the shock mount it has laser cut QP
thats quick performance
http://www.quickperformance.com/
Doug at QP can tell you the right parts
ignore the warning, as they were hacked a while back and no one updates anything on line.

I have a new Baer disc conversion for a Ford 9" that I would make you a heck of a deal on. I bought it for my car and didnt end up using it. ----Jeremy

I'd start with measuring them. Most likely they are 11". After that you might be in for a little trial and error, Take the shoes off, (just one side, leave the other as a reference for reassembly) and take them with you to the parts store. I'd start with a mid 70's Thunderbird or similar big car.

Off topic: How do you like the A1000? Curious how loud it runs and if you run it full time or with a voltage regulator. Thanks, Scott

thanks . didn't get a chance to really try out the A1000 . Basicly.. bought the car , drove it off the trailer for about 2-3 miles . then it went right into my garage and I started tearing it down for the TT SBC install . The A1000 was a little noisy from what I remember , but not bad . Plan on going with a pair Weldon 1100A's instead , I've been told the Weldons are real quiet.

its been my experience ..................
that the weldon is louder than the A1000, but that all depends on how its mounted.

Back