You can type here any text you want

Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day:

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
"A day that will live in infamy forever".
God Bless & God Speed all that were lost.
God Bless all Veterans of all wars.

Not many survivors left. Time waits for no one. God bless.

Is it just me (middle age) or have too many people already forgotten the poeple who have gave all.It seems people have already forgotten 911.:( Thanks to ALL who have given and who coninue to protect us

Kevin

61 years ago and it seems very few remember.:mad: My father went through the"bulge" and very few would ever understand what that means.:(

They're called "The Greatest Generation" for a reason. They EARNED that title. When our country was up against a wall and things looked bleak, they ALL made personal sacrifices for their country that we can not even comprehend. They also came out stronger because of it. We must not forget Pearl Harbor. We also must not forget what it takes to be a great American. This country is now up against a different kind of wall. We are ALL going to need to be great Americans to get us out of this mess. We have their examples to guide us. I pray that we follow them.

Mike Barnard

They're called "The Greatest Generation" for a reason. They EARNED that title. When our country was up against a wall and things looked bleak, they ALL made personal sacrifices for their country that we can not even comprehend. They also came out stronger because of it. We must not forget Pearl Harbor. We also must not forget what it takes to be a great American. This country is now up against a different kind of wall. We are ALL going to need to be great Americans to get us out of this mess. We have their examples to guide us. I pray that we follow them.

Mike Barnard

I could not have said it better:cool: ,I am Canadian and we face and continue to face the same things our US neighbors are dealing with:(

Kevin

I agree 100% with the above comments .....Charliefl might want to re check his math it was 71 years ago Dec 7th 1941.....

From what I have read the last survivor from world war I passed away this year....every day more and more WWll vets die.....I remember my Dad who served in WWll that was the war that was supposed to end all wars....we all know how that has played out.

I know I have mentioned it before and showed it in our Inner Circle email the other week as I have an actual piece of one of the Japanese planes from that fateful morning as my father in law was there as was my wifes mothers Dad. Its a moving experience if you ever have gone to the Memorial in Hawaii as droplets of oil still come up to the surface.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

My Dad is a Vietnam vet and lives in Honolulu. He mentioned to me that there was only a dozen WWII vets made it to remember Pearl Harbor this year. It is hard for me to comprehend not having WWII elders around much longer. Time does move on and changes perceptions.

Hey Dennis...Charlie does his best with the math. Thats a lot of toes to count!!!
My next door neighbor is Martin Hansen. Chief Petty Officer of the USS TENNESSEE. He was on Mess Hall duty that morning. He was awake at 6 am and was carrying out his orders. He does not remember any of it any more. He is now living in a Alzheimers Unit at a local home. His wife still lives next door. His ship was damaged in the attack and was in repair for 9 months or so. After that...he was AT WAR for the next 4 years. His ship was involved in 16 major air and sea battles or operations. Try this list out. He has an Official list of Operations hanging in his den.
1. Battle of Pearl Harbor
2. Bombardment of Kiska in the Aleutians
3. Assault & Capture of Tarawa
4. Assault & Capture of Kawajalein
5. Assault & Capture of Eniwetok
6. Bombardment of Kavieng, New Ireland
7. Assault & Capture of Saipan
8. Assault & Capture of Guam
9. Assault & Capture of Tinian
10. Assault & Capture of Angnar, Palau Islands
11. Assault & Recapture of Leyte, Palau Islands
12. Battle of Surigao Straits, Palau Islands
13. Assault & Capture of Iwo Jima
14. Assault & Capture of Okinawa
15. East China Sea Operations ( Including Peleliu)
16. Equipment Transport...( The same transport where the USS INDIANAPOLIS was sunk.)
He is still in great health, but cant even tell you he was ever in the Navy.
When I bought my house in 1998...He told me every story about every mission. I should have recorded them.
He returned home on Dec 23 1945 and married Betty on Christmas Day 1945. This will be their 71st wedding anniversary.

Back