Pick-up Trucks/SUVs - who do you like?

Yeah I got to go around to driving a few and making up my mind. I have a GMC and Chevy dealer right by my house.... So that's a start. I do love my daily driver, it's a great car.... But if I get that promotion I would be a boss and need to come in during any storm and weather

I can concur with Nick Micale. My current truck is a 2013 F150 FX4 Ecoboost. It is super quiet, comfortable, and hauls ass. I've run 13.6's at 100mph in it with nothing more than the street tune that I use every day. It tows my 27' travel trailer very well. I have no issues going up grades at 75+ if I want and the best part is it has mountains of torque at 2500 RPM so it really does tow like a diesel. My old Titan had mods a plenty and could not come anywhere near this truck. This is also my second Ecoboost vehicle. I've also had an Ecoboost Flex and loved that too. I damn near bought another one a few months back, but decided just to keep my '14 WRX as my DD.

I can concur with Nick Micale. My current truck is a 2013 F150 FX4 Ecoboost. It is super quiet, comfortable, and hauls ass. I've run 13.6's at 100mph in it with nothing more than the street tune that I use every day. It tows my 27' travel trailer very well. I have no issues going up grades at 75+ if I want and the best part is it has mountains of torque at 2500 RPM so it really does tow like a diesel. My old Titan had mods a plenty and could not come anywhere near this truck. This is also my second Ecoboost vehicle. I've also had an Ecoboost Flex and loved that too. I damn near bought another one a few months back, but decided just to keep my '14 WRX as my DD.
What tuner did you get? Any recommendations? I would like to get one for the Avalanche.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a lot of guys use HP tuners , my son used it on his Cobalt SS . $$$$

What tuner did you get? Any recommendations? I would like to get one for the Avalanche.

Since I have a Ford, the tuner I use will be different than you. What I have is not a canned tune. I went through MPT to create the tunes I have and use a SCT unit to load the tunes and log. They start with a base tune, I log my results, and then ask them to make revisions on what I see. After a few back and forth tunes / logs, I get where I need to be. Having a local tuner is even better. For my F150, I have 3 different maps that I use. One is the street tune that I use almost every day. I also have a towing tune and a race tune. The race tune is no different than the street tune, except it has more aggressive shifts.

HP Tuners now supports Ford and I would go that route except for the fact that I don't want to blow another $500 on tuning software.

For your Avalanche, find a reputable local custom tuner who uses HP Tuners and have him build you a custom tune.

I have a 2016 Toyota 4runner Trail love it, had an Ford Expedition EL and numerous F150's loved them all.

IMG_0868.JPG

DSC_0176.JPG
I went with the 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.....V6, exact same metallic black as my GN! All wheel drive, fully loaded...comfortable as a Cadillac, and hauls ass in the snow...and I mean, it GOES in the snow! I added the fender flaps, side bars, bug shield, pin stripes, extra driving lights....gets 22 mpg on regular gas....leather interior, GPS system, the works, best deal I've ever gotten. My wife LOVES it.
DSC_0171.JPG
DSC_0170.JPG

Bruce '87 Grand National

d64a0a0442ba72d3776e34cb52ec8dd0.jpg

We love our Yukon but they are way overpriced. It has plenty of tow power but you can tell it has the short wheelbase. We wouldn't have bought one but the wife insisted. Lol
I also still own a first gen Avalanche and love that truck. It does everything great.

d64a0a0442ba72d3776e34cb52ec8dd0.jpg

We love our Yukon but they are way overpriced. It has plenty of tow power but you can tell it has the short wheelbase. We wouldn't have bought one but the wife insisted. Lol
I also still own a first gen Avalanche and love that truck. It does everything great.

LOVE the boat! Just love it!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Buy an old expedition. They're cheaper than dirt. It'll do everything you want AND you can save some of that HUGE promotion for retirement. Why keep working til 50 or 60 when you don't have to? I have better things to do with my time...

Buy an old expedition. They're cheaper than dirt. It'll do everything you want AND you can save some of that HUGE promotion for retirement. Why keep working til 50 or 60 when you don't have to? I have better things to do with my time...

Good point. I could spend that time replacing head gaskets :oops: