You can type here any text you want

Pics of new engine installed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87NAT

In Between GN's
Just dropped in my new roller cam engine. It runs like a bat out of hell. That 6776 dbb sure likes that roller.:cool:

Cant wait to hit the track.

Attachments

• DSC00453 (Custom).JPG
    DSC00453 (Custom).JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 515
  • DSC00454 (Custom).JPG
    DSC00454 (Custom).JPG
    73 KB · Views: 513
Looks nice! It sounds like you have a very nice street combination that should easily run mid to high 10's.:cool:

I am jealous, I think that is the perfect street combination.
Get Steve and I some time slips ASAP!

Thanks guys. I just want mid to low 11's and I will be happy. I have been hotrodding for 18 years and I just got my first 11 second time slip this year. I am not anticipating 10's but if it happens it will surley make my year!!

I dont want to get too crazy with the boost so I will see what it does at 24-25 psi. The track down here should reopen in January sometime.

Very nice.
Clean and stealthy. Just the way I like it.
With your combo on 24-25psi with 26-27* timing and an Alky race chip, that combo should run 11.00 - 10.90s first time out with good 60fts.
You're gonna love it.

Keep us posted.

Patrick

Very nice just pickup a 6776BB myself
I'd like to see the water and oil/filter hookup if you got it.

what track do ya'll race at? I thought Eunice was closed.

State capitol dragway outside of Baton Rouge. Of course if it runs as good as it should I will only get one pass.:eek: They are very strict as far as NHRA & tech rules goes.

Looks good. I can't wait to see what it runs.

Thanks for all of your advice, PM's and phone calls. You went above and beyond the call of duty for a converter rep.:smile:

I beat my head against the wall for two years trying to figure out why my car never ran like it was supposed to and all this time it was a very worn camshaft.:redface:

I will let you know what she does when I make it to the track in the first part of the year.

Wow!!! I finally got the right TT chip for my turbo/injector combo and I am impressed. The car will fry the ET Streets from 35 mph and it will do that at only 20-21 psi!:eek: I couldnt spin my tires from over 5 mph before the new engine. It feels like I have my old Goodyear Egale GT's on the back again.

Wow!!! I finally got the right TT chip for my turbo/injector combo and I am impressed. The car will fry the ET Streets from 35 mph and it will do that at only 20-21 psi!:eek: I couldnt spin my tires from over 5 mph before the new engine. It feels like I have my old Goodyear Egale GT's on the back again.

YOU need to get some bigger tires then and get that combo workin!

I would ditch the header wrap, thats gonna eat your stainless factory headers, PLEASE take my advise and rip it off in the morning. It collects moisture and eats metal is all i can say.
Ive personally seen it here in town, never was a big fan for the header wrap myself.

What heads do you have?

YOU need to get some bigger tires then and get that combo workin!

I would ditch the header wrap, thats gonna eat your stainless factory headers, PLEASE take my advise and rip it off in the morning. It collects moisture and eats metal is all i can say.
Ive personally seen it here in town, never was a big fan for the header wrap myself.

What heads do you have?

I have some TA headers that are jet-hot coated...they are not wrapped. I just have my DP wrapped down past the firewall.

My heads are old Eastern Performance. Big valves and a little port & polish.

Yes...I have some 26" tall 16's on the car right now. I am not going to go the track without some 28" tall tires. Hopefully I can get some 15" wheels and tires so I can have a little more sidewall for my launches.

It sure is fun baking those tires from a high speed roll though.:D

Definitely let us know how it runs at the track when you hit it, would be nice to hear how well it runs.

Good lookin' setup by the way:)

BW

If I ever build my engine it will be something similar to your build. Very clean install.

Back