Pics of Roll cages

gnxtc that car looks sick!

Thanks

Is that a speed sensor in the rear?

Yep

what is the brace for that is in front of the rear contol arms?the one that looks like a trans crossmember.where does it tie into,the frame rails?

That brace I had for years. That piece was the crossmember for the old Quality Engineering/AVC GNX style rear suspension. AVC sent an extra one to me, so I kept.

When I notched the frame rails, I wanted to stiffen everything up. Don't want to buckle the floor pans or the quaters. So I threw it in. It's welded in in front of the lower control arms. The Lower control arms mounts are boxed/re-enforced with HR Parts. I was thinking about attaching the control arms box to the crossmember.

When the frame rails are notched, the lower control arms want to twist upwards towards the center of the car. So, between the front crossmember, the rear bracing for the chute, the roll cage welded to the top of the rear spring mounts and the cross bar in the trunk tying the down bars together, I hope I have everything covered.

By the way i love that license plate bracket and the fatties!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

welding the lower boxes to the crossmember would make sense,it would take more stress off the frame rail and make it more radiculous:smile: i would love to see that thing launch:eek: i can't wait untill i need a chute!! it looks like you've cover all the bases reinforcing the notched rails,nice job.what is that thing running and what kind of 60ft's are u getting?

heres my cage (chassis works 6 point)

Attachments

• n8.jpg
    n8.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 990
  • gn4.jpg
    gn4.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,142
  • gn6.jpg
    gn6.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,016
  • DSCN1046.jpg
    DSCN1046.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 943
Here are some of mine Finally :)

Attachments

• T-Type engine and Interior Photos 003.jpg
    T-Type engine and Interior Photos 003.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 795
  • T-Type engine and Interior Photos 002.jpg
    T-Type engine and Interior Photos 002.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 849
For those of you who have bars going in front of the dash, can you take your dash out if needed?

And for those of you with bars going through the rear speaker holes, if you have someone in the back seat, is the bar very close to their head?

Thanks.

no and yes:frown:
Can the bars be bent to hug the corner of the roof instead of being a foot away from the corner to give a rear passenger more head room? Or will this void any NHRA requirements for 8.50 on a 10pt?

I am going to go through the dash on my car so that it can be removed if needed. Its gonna cost me to have it look nice but that is what I want.

Yes to Gary. I want to go to 66 and have fun with the car. I also want to start racing the 10.0 index at 41 and maybe a few other local races like the 6 cyl drag radial class at byron (if they have it again).

For those of you who have bars going in front of the dash, can you take your dash out if needed?

And for those of you with bars going through the rear speaker holes, if you have someone in the back seat, is the bar very close to their head?

Thanks.

You don't have to go through the speaker holes. There is enough room to get the bar between the speaker and trunk hinge. It's tight but doable :eek: My pics are on page 4.

My dilemna now is the headliner fabric unglued itself. With the halo on top, I have to remove the back window and slide it backwards.:mad: Unless someone has some tips they share with me......no thumbtacks either

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

You don't have to go through the speaker holes. There is enough room to get the bar between the speaker and trunk hinge. It's tight but doable :eek: My pics are on page 4.

My dilemna now is the headliner fabric unglued itself. With the halo on top, I have to remove the back window and slide it backwards.:mad: Unless someone has some tips they share with me......no thumbtacks either

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Do you have any pics from inside the car looking back? I am just trying to get an idea of how far the bars are from the corner.
ps your car looks great! I am going to have my chassis guy put similar bars to yours for the chute mount and rear frame reinforcement since he will be notching the frame to the max.

Can the bars be bent to hug the corner of the roof instead of being a foot away from the corner to give a rear passenger more head room? Or will this void any NHRA requirements for 8.50 on a 10pt?

I am going to go through the dash on my car so that it can be removed if needed. Its gonna cost me to have it look nice but that is what I want.

Yes to Gary. I want to go to 66 and have fun with the car. I also want to start racing the 10.0 index at 41 and maybe a few other local races like the 6 cyl drag radial class at byron (if they have it again).

Good man, a cage can save your life too...

Have fun.

P.S.. Im married now..

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

welll EXCUSE me !!! I think it works great :p :biggrin: Here's a pic if someone wants to see if they can improve the design :cool: Oh Billy I took the rear glass out an slid it out .. PITA but it worked :biggrin:

Attachments

• custom1.JPG
    custom1.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 699
Couple of picks of what I did.

Attachments

• 83 regal 013.jpg
    83 regal 013.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 791
  • 83 regal 008.jpg
    83 regal 008.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 733
  • 83 regal 019.jpg
    83 regal 019.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 769
  • 83 regal 015.jpg
    83 regal 015.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 704
one thing Ill add is that tracks also look at speed .. Melissa was runing 10.0s @ 134 things were fine .. then we started "playing" an ran 138+ .. Track kicked her out because the speed can't go over 135 :eek: :cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy72
what happened to my cage pictures? anyway here are more

What size tubing did you use? And will this cage pass inspection at the track ?

The cage is 1 5/8", .120wall DOM mild steel tubing. And yes the car has been certified to 8.50.

My old stage car.
NHRA certified, mild steel.
Dash is removeable even with the bars going through it.
Very easy to get in and out of, glovebox can still open, deck speakers in place, etc.

Greg Kring
Arlington, Tx
2002 BG Super 16 winner
Buicks now support my hobby instead of being my hobby

Attachments

• 100_0594 (Medium).JPG
    100_0594 (Medium).JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,008
  • 100_0595 (Medium).JPG
    100_0595 (Medium).JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,089
  • 100_0600 (Medium).JPG