Pics of Roll cages

87we410877

Im thinking of putting a cage in the car but i dont like how most of them look. Does anyone have pics of a cage that looks neat and somewhat like it belongs? I also dont want to destroy the car so going through the dash is out of the question. Thanks .

I have a nice 6 Point in mine that I'll post pics of tomorrow. I think I have one pic now for you of the front...

100_1257.jpg

Look here: Cage pictures

Not exactly un-obtrusive, but if you deleted some of the extra bracing, this design would work great for a street car. Definitely strong.

Yea that looks like a little much. I like the color though and am looking for someone who sells a kit. Anyone know of any? Thanks.

wern't you at Atco last sunday ??? Melissa has a roll bar in her's :biggrin:

wern't you at Atco last sunday ??? Melissa has a roll bar in her's :biggrin:

Yes i was there. I didnt get a look at melissas, i was too busy running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get the car running right and waiting for the damn test and tune class. Do you have any pictures of the cage? Also, did i talk to you at Atco? haha sorry bad memory. Thanks alot.

Are there any kits out there that people are having sucess with? Im looking to do the work myself and would like swingouts on both doors.

Here are a couple of pics of a cage I put in a good friend GN.

10%20point%202.JPG

buick%20interior%201.JPG

buick%20interior%202.JPG

buick%20interior%203.JPG

That looks really sweet man. Where did that kit come from or did you fabricate it yourself. Im not too sure about the bar framing out the front windshield and side windows but that deffinately is the safest looking thing. I would love to have something like that with swingouts. Please more info on that cage. Thats the color im looking for also.

That looks really sweet man. Where did that kit come from or did you fabricate it yourself. Im not too sure about the bar framing out the front windshield and side windows but that deffinately is the safest looking thing. I would love to have something like that with swingouts. Please more info on that cage. Thats the color im looking for also.

Thanks. I custom bent that bar. I don't like using roll cage kits because they are usually a universal design and do not fit too well. You really need to see this cage in person as pictures do not do it any justice. The front down bars are formed to follow the dash and are out of the way (as much as they can be). This cage is certified to run as fast as 8.50 in the 1/4. If you are not planning on going faster than 9.99 then I would just do a 6pt roll bar and that would eliminate the bars that run along the top of the side windows and the dash. And you can get the kits to make the side bars swing out. Those kits usually run around $100.00 - $150.00. As for the paint, I'll have to check when I get to the shop today, but I think it is Duplicolor engine paint (Ford Gray) I believe.

Is competition engineering the only company that makes kits for out cars? And also, are the cages welded to the frame through the floor, or to the floor using plates that are welded to the end of the bars?

Is competition engineering the only company that makes kits for out cars? And also, are the cages welded to the frame through the floor, or to the floor using plates that are welded to the end of the bars?

I'm not sure who all makes kits for these cars (I custom bend all the ones I install). But to be NHRA legal, the cage has to be welded to the frame rails.

Cage

One sweet job. For about 5 years I hung around someone that did all kinds of work on turbo regals.
He would send the cages out. Nothing that nice.Especially the back seat.

Is that mild steel tubing. Really nice;)

I'm not sure who all makes kits for these cars (I custom bend all the ones I install). But to be NHRA legal, the cage has to be welded to the frame rails.

I thought Competition Engineering only sold NHRA legal stuff and their cages do not bolt to the frame? Whats the deal?

I thought Competition Engineering only sold NHRA legal stuff and their cages do not bolt to the frame? Whats the deal?

If the competition kit is like some of the other kits I've seen, then it comes over length. So basically you cut it down to fit your particular application. The CE kit could be made to weld to the frame or weld to plates on the body. It all just depends on how you choose to install it. But to be NHRA legal, in a full frame car, the roll bar / roll cage has to attach to the frame.

Per NHRA Rule Book "All cars with an OEM frame must have roll cage welded to frame." They don't care weather it is a custom bent cage, or a manufactures kit.

Hope this clears things up for you.
Scott

One sweet job. For about 5 years I hung around someone that did all kinds of work on turbo regals.
He would send the cages out. Nothing that nice.Especially the back seat.

Is that mild steel tubing. Really nice;)

Thanks, Yes that cage is a mild steel cage.