Pics of Roll cages

Are there any cages that do not have the bar going across the rear seat like that? I would like to have one that ran on the floor to make it more passenger freindly.

This is not a Buick, but here are some pictures of a bar I put in a Chevy II. Customer wanted it hidden as much as possible.

DSC01367-1.JPG

IIresize1.JPG

Misc1%20049.jpg

Are there any cages that do not have the bar going across the rear seat like that? I would like to have one that ran on the floor to make it more passenger freindly.

Nope, that would be totally illegal at any track, and dangerous. If your car's fast enough to require a bar/cage, it's fast enough to require a 5 point harness, and besides stiffening the hoop, that bar is the anchor point for the shoulder harness.

theyre just roll cages.. never seen those before?

So let me get this right every roll cage is done the same exact way? There is no way for you to get some new ideas out of a post like this? All roll cages are run into the rear seat? All the roll cages do the side bars the same way :confused:

I think "passenger friendly" and rollcage don't really go together too well.

My advice is a simple solution:

Have 1 GN that's Not Passenger Friendly and for fun at the racetrack. :cool:
Have another GN or T-type that's completely passenger friendly! :eek:

Here's my solution! You can now end this thread! (j/k of course) :p

I think "passenger friendly" and rollcage don't really go together too well.

My advice is a simple solution:

Have 1 GN that's Not Passenger Friendly and for fun at the racetrack. :cool:
Have another GN or T-type that's completely passenger friendly! :eek:

Here's my solution! You can now end this thread! (j/k of course) :p

Thats a good idea. I live in LI, NY. When can you deliver the t-type? haha:tongue:

Rollbar General Info

Ha haaa! "You need to go to the Mall and ask Santa Claus" for the T-type :D "Who do I look like, Rockafella?...." (my Dad used to always tease me)

Seriously, as far as 6 point Rollcage, mine goes through the side of my speaker holes in into the back frame like all the others, but I still have a little room to finneggle (did I spell that right) for speakers to be custom fit.

Just remember 1 thing however. A rollcage is going to completely change a lot of things about your GN. For 1, you're always going to hear it. Any vibration at all will be heard through the rollcage. It'll resonate.
2) Possibly sacrafice your stereo speakers, unless you're pretty crafty and can just listen to the front ones, or customize your speaker situation.
3.) No one will really want to ride in your GN. In my case my 5 year old loves to climb into mine and thinks it's fun. Sorta like Monkey Bars when we were kids.

4.) I'm originally from South Beach in Staten Island (the Ole Italian Neighborhood), and it's like we used to say "forgetta bout it"

Good Luck with your Rollbar Choice or Decision. I'd personally tell you if you have reservations about it, then don't it dude- you'll be sorry or really happy.

Look at the % of how often you use it at the track vs. how much you enjoy to drive it around town and such. Then go with the larger %.

Ha haaa! "You need to go to the Mall and ask Santa Claus" for the T-type :D "Who do I look like, Rockafella?...." (my Dad used to always tease me)

Seriously, as far as 6 point Rollcage, mine goes through the side of my speaker holes in into the back frame like all the others, but I still have a little room to finneggle (did I spell that right) for speakers to be custom fit.

Just remember 1 thing however. A rollcage is going to completely change a lot of things about your GN. For 1, you're always going to hear it. Any vibration at all will be heard through the rollcage. It'll resonate.
2) Possibly sacrafice your stereo speakers, unless you're pretty crafty and can just listen to the front ones, or customize your speaker situation.
3.) No one will really want to ride in your GN. In my case my 5 year old loves to climb into mine and thinks it's fun. Sorta like Monkey Bars when we were kids.

4.) I'm originally from South Beach in Staten Island (the Ole Italian Neighborhood), and it's like we used to say "forgetta bout it"

Good Luck with your Rollbar Choice or Decision. I'd personally tell you if you have reservations about it, then don't it dude- you'll be sorry or really happy.

Look at the % of how often you use it at the track vs. how much you enjoy to drive it around town and such. Then go with the larger %.

Yea you have a point. I dont care about the speakers but i do drive it on the street maybe 500 miles a year if that. I only am going to be at the track this once but its a track rental so i'll have it all day and dun alot of times. Also i am going to be tunning is and running repeatedly under 11.49 and dont want to get kicked out at my own track rental ya know what i meen? Im thinking of the CE kit and welding it to the floor. That way if i ever want it out i can plasma cut it and weld and grind and paint. uhhh . i hate this.

Kool! I know whatcha mean...

If you're car runs under 11.49 consistently, and you don't want to get thrown out of the track, then for sure go for a rollcage! Get a 6 point one. Have it done neat as you can with the swing-outs on each side, and get them for the rear backseat bar just in case you want to have some people ride in the back.
By the way, who makes the CE kits or which kit is that? Just curious....

Kool! I know whatcha mean...

If you're car runs under 11.49 consistently, and you don't want to get thrown out of the track, then for sure go for a rollcage! Get a 6 point one. Have it done neat as you can with the swing-outs on each side, and get them for the rear backseat bar just in case you want to have some people ride in the back.
By the way, who makes the CE kits or which kit is that? Just curious....

Competition Engineering. There are others that make them as well. Yea swing outs wil be a must.

Interior photos

Attachments

• DSC_0188.jpg
    DSC_0188.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,811
  • DSC_0190.jpg
    DSC_0190.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,777
  • DSC_0191.jpg
    DSC_0191.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,761
  • DSC_0192.jpg
    DSC_0192.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,764
  • DSC_0194.jpg
    DSC_0194.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,755
That is very sweet, now we need to just get rid of the bars going into the trunk somehow and make the cage removable somehow for street use, as imy insurance will cancel my policy if theres a cage in the car

Here are a couple of pics of a cage I put in a good friend GN.

10%20point%202.JPG

buick%20interior%201.JPG

buick%20interior%202.JPG

buick%20interior%203.JPG

This is my cage, and Scott did an absolutely awesome job on this cage and every other cage I've seen him do! The pictures really doesn't do it justice. Chassis Pro racecars is the only place that will ever build my cages. Oh and this car is for sale by the way!