Pics of Roll cages

If the competition kit is like some of the other kits I've seen, then it comes over length. So basically you cut it down to fit your particular application. The CE kit could be made to weld to the frame or weld to plates on the body. It all just depends on how you choose to install it. But to be NHRA legal, in a full frame car, the roll bar / roll cage has to attach to the frame.

Per NHRA Rule Book "All cars with an OEM frame must have roll cage welded to frame." They don't care weather it is a custom bent cage, or a manufactures kit.

Hope this clears things up for you.

Scott

How often if ever, do they actually check if its welded to the frame? I dont want to cut holes in my floor.

How often if ever, do they actually check if its welded to the frame? I dont want to cut holes in my floor.

Well it all depends on the tech at your local track. If you were to install a 10pt cage and have it certified, then they will defiantly check. But if you were to install a 6pt roll bar and not have it certified (most people don't certify a 6 pt) then you may get away with it.

Well it all depends on the tech at your local track. If you were to install a 10pt cage and have it certified, then they will defiantly check. But if you were to install a 6pt roll bar and not have it certified (most people don't certify a 6 pt) then you may get away with it.

Im just getting the basic least point (i guess 8) cage. Im not going to be at the track alot. Maybe a half dozen times in the cars life. Looking to run low 10's . If i hit 9.90 i dont think they will bother me. Im going to try to make my own. Thanks alot.

Here are a couple of pictures of mine

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 2,943
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 2,930
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 2,963
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,894
  • Image6.jpg
    Image6.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 2,888
Custom made 6 point with swingouts and the rear cross bar will also come out. I did that so my daughter could ride in the back, but she thinks it is cool to crawl under and swing on the bar!!:eek: It is weld through the floor, I will post them here.

Pictures of the install

Attachments

• Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 2,814
  • Image7.jpg
    Image7.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 2,809
  • Image8.jpg
    Image8.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 2,777
  • Image10.jpg
    Image10.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 2,780
  • Image31.jpg
    Image31.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 2,785
Do you really need the bars that go back through the parcel shelf? That is what i am trying to avoid if i put a cage in? Is there any other way to elminate those bars or put them somewhere else?

Norbs, I'll bet you could get your rear bars to go between the seat and parcel shelf. The seat foam will give a little or you may need to reshape the metal seat structure.

My old rollbar went thru the seat back. I did the rework on the seat frame and the finish work done by a local trim shop.

kyturbo;

That looks like alot of work. Where you have the one post coming through the floor welded to the frame, did you weld the bar to the top of that short section or slide the tube over it and weld it?

Thanks for the pics.

The piece sticking out of the floor is where the swingout for the door mounts. It is at the front of the door opening, I will take some photos of the bar as it is in the car. If you want I can email them or just post them here.

The piece sticking out of the floor is where the swingout for the door mounts. It is at the front of the door opening, I will take some photos of the bar as it is in the car. If you want I can email them or just post them here.

What ever is easier for you. My e-mail is tdigs@hotmail.com. Thaks alot.

Here is a few pics of my cage. It is a custom made chromemoly set up.

Attachments

• GNcagesm.JPG
    GNcagesm.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 2,018
  • GNcagesm02.JPG
    GNcagesm02.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 1,976
  • GNcagesm01.JPG
    GNcagesm01.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 2,000
:cool:

Attachments