Pics of Roll cages

Some updated pics:

P6260091.jpg

P6260086.jpg

A cross bar was added to the bars that come through the package tray. And off the down bars, additional bars go to the end of the frame horns.

P6190081.jpg

Yep, MT Radials 325-50x15

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Around $600 on the low side up to $1K on the high side depending on material used and qaulity, at least that's what they ar ein my area(midwest). Mine is a custom Chromoly and mine was priced on the low side of that range and mine was painted for that price also. My pics are a couple pages back in this thread.

We charge $660 for a Mild Steal, and $900 for a Chrome-molly 6 pt roll bar. These prices do not include paint.

NHRA requires that cars running 10.00-11.49 has to have at least a 6pt roll bar of 1 3/4" diameter(.120 wall thickness for Mild Steal/ .093 wall thickness for Chrome molly). Cars running 9.99-8.49 are required to have at least a 10pt roll cage of 1 5/8" diameter(same thicknesses as a 6 pt). Cars running faster than 8.49 are required to have a roll cage that meets one of the 25.X SFI certifications.

i don't think i could be comfortable with a 6 point cage and still drive it all the time as i am a big boy

NHRA requires that cars running 10.00-11.49 has to have at least a 6pt roll bar of 1 3/4" diameter(.120 wall thickness for Mild Steal/ .093 wall thickness for Chrome molly). Cars running 9.99-8.49 are required to have at least a 10pt roll cage of 1 5/8" diameter(same thicknesses as a 6 pt). Cars running faster than 8.49 are required to have a roll cage that meets one of the 25.X SFI certifications.

Yup Yup same thing I said :) 10.00 but 9.99 is when there going to boot you :)

If your a big boy put swing outs in or removable bars :)

My door bars are bent for easy in and out (Ill post photos soon just havent had time to get them) I have had no issues with the tech guys at our track so far. and I went 11.04 so if they were going to bitch I think they would have :)

Could you describe what a point is? I am totally confused over this term, it varies from person to person.

If you look at my pic of the cage, the chassis guy said it's certified down to 8.50s. If I want to go faster, then he said 25.5 spec and no swings outs.

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Could you describe what a point is? I am totally confused over this term, it varies from person to person.

If you look at my pic of the cage, the chassis guy said it's certified down to 8.50s. If I want to go faster, then he said 25.5 spec and no swings outs.

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

A point is a place where the roll bar or roll cage attaches to the car floor or frame. A 6pt roll bar has 6 attachment points that it attaches to the car. If the 2 kickers (that go from main hoop to trans tunnel) are installed then that would make it an 8 pt.

Now if you were to take a 6pt roll bar and add the halo and front down bars, that would make it a 8pt. Because there are 8 points on the floor or frame where bars attach. Most guys attach the door bars to the front down bar just above the floor, but they still get counted as a point. And if the kicker bars are installed, then it is considered a 10pt.

Your chassis guy is right, your car is good down to 8.49. If you were to go faster than that, you would need to update to 25.5 cert. which will make you legal to run as fast as 7.49. You also can not have swing out door bars with a 25.5 cert. cage.

Hope this clears things up a little.

Scott

Looks nice but man those are some super high door bars! :eek:

I know, He said that's the only way he could do it with out making new door panels.
I was told they're looking at outlawing the swing outs in a couple years so I said lets do it this way. I'm only 5'-9'' I slip right in. lol

I know, He said that's the only way he could do it with out making new door panels.
I was told they're looking at outlawing the swing outs in a couple years so I said lets do it this way. I'm only 5'-9'' I slip right in. lol

Could he not have put a simple bend in the door bar to allow it to go around the arm rest? That's the way I do all the door bars in the cars I do.