Piedmont Dragway 9.25

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
SloGN and I are planning to go to a TNT session this Saturday if all goes according to plan for some THS testing. Anyone wanting to join us then let us know. We gotta get ready for BG

Clint,
I might come. Don't know if i'll have the car back together but if i do that will be a good drive to start breaking in the new Janis trans ;)

Clint,
I might come. Don't know if i'll have the car back together but if i do that will be a good drive to start breaking in the new Janis trans ;)

No doubt!! You won't go wrong with the Janis!! It only took 10 yrs for all the boys near the southern border to make us come to our senses to go to Vince in the first place!! Now just waiting for them to chime in and gloat about it. I know your out there..... come on and lemme have it;)

I might join you guys. Now that I have the new alky pump I should be good to go.

No doubt!! You won't go wrong with the Janis!! It only took 10 yrs for all the boys near the southern border to make us come to our senses to go to Vince in the first place!! Now just waiting for them to chime in and gloat about it. I know your out there..... come on and lemme have it;)

I'm not saying a thing... And neither is Steve!! ;) :biggrin:

So, you and Pat gonna finally turn the wick up on the new combinations?

K.

K.

Gonna try and see how far the TE45 will take me... thats my plan at least. We shall see.... Also have to see how far my nerves will allow me to go too. Thats the biggest issue

I doubt that i will be there.....................

I don't want to run it with anybody i know there...........................:eek:

K.

I have turned the wick up. 17 psi it ran 7.12 @ 98. @ 14 psi it ran 7.84 @ 95 on street tires

Gonna try and see how far the TE45 will take me... thats my plan at least. We shall see.... Also have to see how far my nerves will allow me to go too. Thats the biggest issue

It's a Te45 with the 63mm wheel or a Te45a with the 66mm wheel? P-trim or Q-trim?

Your nerves will be fine through the 1/8mi., it's when the big MPH happens through the 1/4mi. that you might pucker some... :D

K.

SloGN said:
I doubt that i will be there.....................

I have turned the wick up. 17 psi it ran 7.12 @ 98. @ 14 psi it ran 7.84 @ 95 on street tires

Tranny back in the car? How long 'til you upgrade the turbo? I'm sure the air potential of the cui., heads, and cam are itching for more volume!!

I'm sure the car and combination make for a quick & fun 'lil street car.

K.

Tranny back in the car? How long 'til you upgrade the turbo? I'm sure the air potential of the cui., heads, and cam are itching for more volume!!

I'm sure the car and combination make for a quick & fun 'lil street car.

K.

How did you know that the trans is out of my car?

i hope to have it back in the car this weekend. billet parts FTW along with a T-brak......................................:eek:

I also got a set of axles to drop in too

Your nerves will be fine through the 1/8mi., it's when the big MPH happens through the 1/4mi. that you might pucker some... :D

K.

I know that i'm worried about it! i'm guessing that i'll be in the low low 120's if i'm lucky the brakes will work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SloGN said:
How did you know that the trans is out of my car?

I'm supposed to be coming up to Richard's place next weekend, and heard about it.

SloGN said:
I know that i'm worried about it! i'm guessing that i'll be in the low low 120's if i'm lucky the brakes will work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once you get used to it, and get the chassis and suspension working good, it'll be a walk in the park. And then you're only a turbo and converter away from 130+mph... :eek:

K.

It's a Te45 with the 63mm wheel or a Te45a with the 66mm wheel? P-trim or Q-trim?

K.

TE45A. Thinking P trim (3" in / 2" out).

Well I had a great time!! On 255/60 drag radials Syd went 6.78 @ 103MPH at 21.5psi... I was thrilled to say the least :D. Track was in great shape... With a little better tire I think she has a 6.50 or better in her. I had a 1.54 60ft. She weighs 3760 with me in it so I need to shed a few pounds before THS in BG. I should be competitive to say the least in a few weeks so I am ready...

well........................

where do i start, I ran a best of 7.17@96 1.60 ft leaving @ 4psi on the T-brak. I think the boost was somewhere close to 35psi :rolleyes: on pump gas and 22* of timing. Also stupid me left the laptop @ home. so i was driving old skool.

Is that knock i hear?

The car weighs 3795 with me in it :confused:

my stroker motor runs good...................................next up is a stage 2. if that don't run in the 6's. chevy Ls FTW

thats good Clint
were you using a trans brake or two step?
are you using the datalogger ?

Yes, Yes, and Yes...
Full Billet 200 with electric brake from Vince Janis, Bob Bailey 2-step for stock ignition from Holly (absolutely love that thing!!), XFI from Holly...