Piedmont Dragway 9.25

Well I had a great time!! On 255/60 drag radials Syd went 6.78 @ 103MPH at 21.5psi... I was thrilled to say the least :D. Track was in great shape... With a little better tire I think she has a 6.50 or better in her. I had a 1.54 60ft. She weighs 3760 with me in it so I need to shed a few pounds before THS in BG. I should be competitive to say the least in a few weeks so I am ready...

Clint, your car is flying... Congrats and good luck in B.G.!!

K.

well........................

where do i start, I ran a best of 7.17@96 1.60 ft leaving @ 4psi on the T-brak. I think the boost was somewhere close to 35psi :rolleyes: on pump gas and 22* of timing. Also stupid me left the laptop @ home. so i was driving old skool.

Is that knock i hear?

The car weighs 3795 with me in it :confused:

my stroker motor runs good...................................next up is a stage 2. if that don't run in the 6's. chevy Ls FTW

Some sarcasm with a hint of anger??? Did you hurt it?

K.

I bow to the mighty hot-airs. :)

My car's best run (Pat drove) was 7.063 @ 99.77 with only a 1.699 60'. Boost was 25-26 and timing was 24/20. I have upgraded to an XFI, Razors' alky control and a 6262 billet journal turbo within the last 30 days, so more tuning is required. I hope to be able to run 6.8s at 101+ on 93 + alky. Maybe then I can beat Eric's hot-air.

I bow to the mighty hot-airs. :)

My car's best run (Pat drove) was 7.063 @ 99.77 with only a 1.699 60'. Boost was 25-26 and timing was 24/20. I have upgraded to an XFI, Razors' alky control and a 6262 billet journal turbo within the last 30 days, so more tuning is required. I hope to be able to run 6.8s at 101+ on 93 + alky. Maybe then I can beat Eric's hot-air.

Jim, I gotta ask... I've always been a big fan of the Ta/Te61 turbos from Limit Engineering, and have used and installed them on many cars. Can you give me some comparison feedback versus the billet 6262 you're running now? I don't have any hands-on yet with the billet 6262, but watched a bolt-on only car make a no ET pass the other week and it looked impressive.

Thanks,

K.

Some sarcasm with a hint of anger??? Did you hurt it?

K.

I'm not angry just a tad disapointed is all.

all this crap under the hood and it really is not any faster than my old .040 over motor.

lets see

.040 109 junk replacement cast pistons(heavy as hell) 200/200 flat tappet lunati cam bob stanley ported heads 1.65 roller rockers and a ported intake. the compression was just a tad over 8.1/1

it has ran a 7.21 @94.5 mph with a 1.65 60ft. shortly after that pass i hurt a head gasket due to the walbro pump giving up. on race gas

so now i have a

.020 109 diamond pistons stroker crank roller cam Ta alum heads with 1.65 rockers ported intake and a girdle. the compression is a full point higher.

it has ran a best of 7.17 @ 96 mph with a 1.60 60ft on pump gas @ 16 psi of boost with 22 degrees of timing.

so thats 5 psi different. so the bigger motor ran almost the same time @ 5 psi less boost.

but the bigger motor has more cubic inches (21 to be exact) and a full point higher in compression and it has a bigger roller cam.

that to me seems like it should be faster with less boost than the old motor.

I hope something changes my mind cause right now i'm regretting spending the money building this motor. All the other motor needed was head gaskets and a oil change :eek:

Darn Skippy! I'm the master of the 2 second 60':biggrin:

I've got a new rubberband on order and you guys just don't know what a big can of woop a$$ I'm bringing!

Keith--The tune had to be richened when I went to the 6262, so I guess it is flowing more air. Also, I am running the same mph on a little less boost. I think the tune is too lean down low and my 60' is suffering. I plan on going back to the track on Thursday, if it isn't raining. If not on Thursday, then Saturday night.

all this crap under the hood and it really is not any faster than my old .040 over motor.

lets see

.040 109 junk replacement cast pistons(heavy as hell) 200/200 flat tappet lunati cam bob stanley ported heads 1.65 roller rockers and a ported intake. the compression was just a tad over 8.1/1

it has ran a 7.21 @94.5 mph with a 1.65 60ft. shortly after that pass i hurt a head gasket due to the walbro pump giving up. on race gas

so now i have a

.020 109 diamond pistons stroker crank roller cam Ta alum heads with 1.65 rockers ported intake and a girdle. the compression is a full point higher.

it has ran a best of 7.17 @ 96 mph with a 1.60 60ft on pump gas @ 16 psi of boost with 22 degrees of timing.

so thats 5 psi different. so the bigger motor ran almost the same time @ 5 psi less boost.

but the bigger motor has more cubic inches (21 to be exact) and a full point higher in compression and it has a bigger roller cam.

I hope something changes my mind cause right now i'm regretting spending the money building this motor. All the other motor needed was head gaskets and a oil change :eek:

Pat,

Give your build some credit. Compliment your heads with a nice 70 series turbo. It WILL wake your car up. It's like taking a stock turbo and putting it on your old 040 motor. Great spool up BUT out of steam, on the top end, due to efficiency. Give me a call as I have a question about BG. Keep your head up hulio..

Clint,

Earl's performance is on your side. Great 60' times considering the weight of the car and drag radials! Congrat's! It does have much much more in it, from what I hear, based on how those heads flowed ;)..

Pat,

Give your build some credit. Compliment your heads with a nice 70 series turbo. It WILL wake your car up. It's like taking a stock turbo and putting it on your old 040 motor. Great spool up BUT out of steam, on the top end, due to efficiency. Give me a call as I have a question about BG. Keep your head up hulio..

;)..

Hulio

The motor is for sale you wanna buy it ;) i'll make you a great deal........................:eek:

Hulio

The motor is for sale you wanna buy it ;) i'll make you a great deal........................:eek:

My wife would love that. HAHA! I am very content with my engine combo and enjoy its streetablilty.

As we discussed.. turn the boost to up, with race gas, and let those heads go to work. Let me know next time you go out to the track as it never hurts to have a second set of eyes..;)

I might end up going to Piedmont Saturday evening. It's suppose to be a nice 68 degrees and no races posted for the night. I should have my alky and fuel pressure transducers in by then, so a logging I will go!

Jim, you going to throw your Gen2 back in the car??

lets see

so now i have a

Like what's already been said... You have nothing to be concerned about. You upgraded your engine to take full advantage of airflow potential. The heads, the stroker cui., etc... But with such low boost and a small turbo (refresh my memory on the size) you're barely feeding the beast. Add some boost and some volume, appropriate fuel/AFR, some traction, and some rpm and you'll be just fine!! :biggrin:

K.

So, how are you Fast XFI boys feeling this morning?

Boy, arent we just the smarta$$ today...... Im feeling pretty good if u want to know the truth. U wanna run heads up this Saturday there Eric?? You gonna need to spray something more than Alky if you want some of Syd... :D