Piedmont Dragway 9.25

That was a great looking run, Pat and in the over-all scheme, it didn't take you long to get there. Congratulation. Now, turn up the boost. :)

BOY AM I WRONG..............:biggrin: iT FEELS REALLY GOOD TO BE WRONG RIGHT NOW

Ok guys i went back out to the track tonite to take advantage of the cooler temps.

I took all the advice that has been given to me since last weekend and put it to good use!

My final pass of the evening was a 6.76 @ 102.77 with a 1.54 60ft. The boost was a tad over 20psi for the entire run till like the last 50 ft and it creeped upto 22psi. When the boost creeped up the A/F went rich as hell @ 10/1 till i let up. The timing was @ 22 degrees thru the entire pass. The fuel i was using was a mix of 93/112.

I had no air in the rear air bags and the mickey t drag radials had 18psi in them. I launched @ 5psi boost off the T-brak.

SloGN did her thing tonite........:eek:

All this with that little GT6152e:eek: i'm surprised as hell.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Pat... You just gave me goose-bumps!! :biggrin: CONGRATULATIONS!!

One question, I gotta know?!?!? What rpm on the 1-2, and 2-3 shifts??

K.

Pat... You just gave me goose-bumps!! :biggrin: CONGRATULATIONS!!

One question, I gotta know?!?!? What rpm on the 1-2, and 2-3 shifts??

K.

Keith

The rpm's (1-2) 5700, 5150 the (2-3)5600,5150. On the T-brak the rpm was 3250 @ 5 psi

I let the trans shift itself too.

So do ya think the convertor is still a tad loose?

Keith

The rpm's (1-2) 5700, 5150 the (2-3)5600,5150. On the T-brak the rpm was 3250 @ 5 psi

I let the trans shift itself too.

So do ya think the convertor is still a tad loose?

It seems the converter is dropping back to the same 5150 rpm whether you shift at 5400, 5600, or 5700. I'd like to see another pass where you go at least 5800 or closer to 6000 rpm. But I'm thinking the converter is working pretty well with the 6152 turbo.

K.

clint i think u have some one knocking at ur back door :biggrin:
just kidding, both u and patrick cars are running good .
good luck in bg in ths

Clint,
Way to smoke him! Beware of Pat--he's now sensed the blood in the pool...

Pat,
Where/how did the "little 6152" come into pix when you ordered "67..." from Rubio? It's amazing what more air will do--as long as you get the fuel to go along with it...

Have enjoyed reading this thread & certainly makes me sorry I hastily sold mine in a BIG moment of depression. However, have since added back a 64 Corvair Monza Spyder (to somewhat appease my GM Turbo 6 withdrawal)...

Hope to see y'all in April @ LMS...

Clint,
Way to smoke him! Beware of Pat--he's now sensed the blood in the pool...

Pat,
Where/how did the "little 6152" come into pix when you ordered "67..." from Rubio? It's amazing what more air will do--as long as you get the fuel to go along with it...

Have enjoyed reading this thread & certainly makes me sorry I hastily sold mine in a BIG moment of depression. However, have since added back a 64 Corvair Monza Spyder (to somewhat appease my GM Turbo 6 withdrawal)...

Hope to see y'all in April @ LMS...

Monte

The 6152 is the turbo that i have had on the car for the last 5 yrs. I didn't think the 6152 turbo would carry mee into the 6's much less to a 6.76 @ 103 . so the day before i went to the track (last sat) i called rubio and ordered a 67hpq billet ball bearing turbo.

now that your up to date i hope all is well with ya and look forward to seeing ya in the spring......................:D