"Pinks All Out" in Crandall Tx!

I have been working hard to figure out a few things with the car lately. It all seemed to come together Saturday morning for at least one run. The drag radials were a little tricky for the first 100ft. I think I am finally getting closer to getting this thing to leave with more boost.

Duke was set to kill and had a fantastic weekend clicking off 3-4 passes in the 10.20's!

The 30-40G head wind combined with water seeping up through the cracks made racing conditions a little dicey at times. Unfortunately with the equavalent of pushing 160mph of wind, the passenger side marker light tore out of the headlamp bezel somewhere during the run. :frown:

BTW - They picked the 9.50-9.90 class for the event.

PAO032710.png

I have been working hard to figure out a few things with the car lately. It all seemed to come together Saturday morning for at least one run. The drag radials were a little tricky for the first 100ft. I think I am finally getting closer to getting this thing to leave with more boost.

Duke was set to kill and had a fantastic weekend clicking off 3-4 passes in the 10.20's!

The 30-40G head wind combined with water seeping up through the cracks made racing conditions a little dicey at times. Unfortunately with the equavalent of pushing 160mph of wind, the passenger side marker light tore out of the headlamp bezel somewhere during the run. :frown:

BTW - They picked the 9.50-9.90 class for the event.

PAO032710.png

Now thats alot more like it Carl! Glad to see you are getting it sorted. A little better 60' and thats a 9 sec pass!

Now thats alot more like it Carl! Glad to see you are getting it sorted. A little better 60' and thats a 9 sec pass!
You could not wipe the smile off my face! It wants slicks real bad now.

Did you get the GN back from paint yet?

Glad to see you made a decent run Carl. Wish I could've been there but work interfiered again.

Was a nice run Carl! Wind was brutal. Had a great time.

Where's my shrimp Carl....LOL!

p.s-I hope I didn't give you too hard a time, I had about 10 too many margaritas.

Was a nice run Carl! Wind was brutal. Had a great time.

Where's my shrimp Carl....LOL!

p.s-I hope I didn't give you too hard a time, I had about 10 too many margaritas.
Just 10? LOL The after party at Kyle's trailer was a blast! Glad to see that everyone made it home ok.

You could not wipe the smile off my face! It wants slicks real bad now.

Did you get the GN back from paint yet?

Actually it was in the paint booth today from what my uncle said when he went by to check on it this morning. Should be ready to pick up when I come home this weekend.

About time....

Very Nice Carl. Interesting, that wind must have been a bear.... you car should have went probably 2-3 mph faster judgeing from your 108mph 1/8th mile.

Noble will be good to you this year.

was this an nhra track and if so who teched your car was it a pinks crew or the track crew.

was this an nhra track and if so who teched your car was it a pinks crew or the track crew.
Dallas Raceway is an IHRA track. Since the tech personnel were not wearing "Pinks" gear, it appeared that the track was conducting tech. However, there were so many cars there that they did not even so much as open the hood. They did not check seat belt date codes, helmets, or even look for a drive shaft hoop. The tech guy only asked if I had a recovery bottle for the coolant and stated that they were using the "honor system". :eek: