pissed off

It still wants to shut off even if I hold the throttle slightly it goes up and down I give it a lil gas when the rpms go down to keep it on

ok, then it sounds like a bad MAF, air leak/popped hose, or fuel pressure.

Bob

the ecm had this chip HP138TX Strip Chip 1989 and then i got a stock chip and still doing the same thing what should a check and chabge first im guess i did something wrong with the vacuum lines does anyone have a diagram on the correct way to put them back on and what should i try after that

the ecm had this chip HP138TX Strip Chip 1989 and then i got a stock chip and still doing the same thing what should a check and chabge first im guess i did something wrong with the vacuum lines does anyone have a diagram on the correct way to put them back on and what should i try after that

post a few more detailed pics or vids

try unplugging the MAF and see if it runs better.

any trouble code?
fuel presure?
what was the last work on the car before tps change?

any trouble code?
fuel presure?
what was the last work on the car before tps change?

there was 22 and 42 right know it doesnt have any

i dont know what the fuel pressure is im searching for a fuel rail adapter know so i can install a gauge

i didnt do anything the car was sitting in my dads garage for about 5 years before he parked it he did new head gaskets lifters and i belive thats it

vacuum hose diagram is on top of the air cond box.

With all the electronic controls on these cars, and the ECM relying on so many sensor inputs, yes......you need at least some type of scan tool to monitor things. Whether it's a scanmaster or something else.

Did ya ever watch the service techs at the dealerships work on these? They had their trusty OTCxxxx to check things. There's no good way for example to check IAC properly with something to tell you how it's operating. Trying to diagnose an electronically controlled car without some type of scantool as just asking for trouble.

these cars are no different than any other car with similar engine controls- they might have had some things a few years before other GM cars did, but they are pretty typical of pretty much every multiport GM engine that was built in the late 80's and thru the 90's. if you have a basic understanding of how a fuel injected 4 stroke internal combustion works and what it needs to get it done, you can figure out a lot.
yeah, a scanmaster or other type of scan tool is a good thing to have, but it's far from necessary if you are willing to learn a few basic things about what makes the engine run. a fuel pressure gauge would be the first special diagnostic tool i'd get for these cars, then a vacuum gauge, then some sort of scan tool.

if you can get the car down to boston area i could take a look at it.....im not sure if i could get up there this week....give me a call if you want sometime tomorrow 781-915-4656 joel

Before you get it running you might want to do something about that hood pad to avoid it being caught in the alt fan or sitting on the exhaust and starting a fire.

Before you get it running you might want to do something about that hood pad to avoid it being caught in the alt fan or sitting on the exhaust and starting a fire.

Yea it's coming off I have a new one just haven't installed it but thanks for the heads up

Sitting for 5 yrs... Hmmnn. I wonder what the fuel is like? Did you try to start it with the old gas in the tank?