pissed off

sitting for 5 years won't necessarily hurt anything- my car sat from the summer of '91 to the spring of '04 when i got it with a blown head gasket.. it had 1/4 tank of gas in it the whole time, but it did start and even move under it's own power on the 12.5 year old gas and on 4 cylinders.
after fixing the head gaskets, i changed the oil and put new antifreeze in it and fired it up.. it ran a little rough, but it cleared up and ran like a beast as soon as i drove it the 3/4 mile to the closest gas station and filled up the tank with some 93 octane. when i changed the fuel filter a couple of months later, it looked brand new inside when i cut it open.
the stock fuel pump died in the summer of '08 and when i dropped the tank, it looked brand new inside. i don't know what killed the fuel pump- it might have been the old gas it was sitting in for all that time, but it did make it 4 years and about 10,000 miles with me before it died and it was making noise from the first day i owned the car..
Good to know when I took of my filter it was pretty dirty I ended ordering a new tank and straps

Is the Check engine light on by chance? if it is not on try unpluging the orange wire near the battery (to reset the ECM)

*To the other guys, I don't think its a fuel pump issue, if he's revving the engine and building vaccum the fuel psi will dip down to 27

Back to the Cars owner, why did you change the TPS? was this the same problem you were trying to fix?

Was anyone else working this car? what else was touched? this is important.

Can you double check all the intercooler pipes from the Mass airflow to the turbo, turbo to intercooler , intercooler to throttle body.
make sure all these connections are perfect.

Where did you get the new MAF you just tried. reason I ask is its very hard to get a new Maf that is calibrated correctly.

Good luck

*To the other guys, I don't think its a fuel pump issue, if he's revving the engine and building vaccum the fuel psi will dip down to 27

Good luck

Uhh um... when you rev it loses vacuum as the blade is open and fuel pressure is suppossed to go up. Even a factory 233 regulator is designed for 37 PSI meaning line off = 37. With high vacuum is still over 30 PSI.

OP has taken down gas tank and it looks like crap inside= bad pump, bad tank, bad hangar, etc. Its so bad he's replacing it along with the straps. Doesnt matter how many times you rest the computer, wiggle wires, sprinkle dust on it.. you fix cars by replacing stuff that is known bad and going from there.

This is basic stuff.. 1st you get proper fuel pressure as the fuel injection will not ever(never) work properly.

Then you confirm sensors are working properly.. IE TPS, MAF, etc. Plugs would be a possible following along with wires.. Once fired up and those parts running work on details.

This happens from letting a car sit.. seen it way too often when moisture gets into the tank and what it does.

Uhh um... when you rev it loses vacuum as the blade is open and fuel pressure is suppossed to go up. Even a factory 233 regulator is designed for 37 PSI meaning line off = 37. With high vacuum is still over 30 PSI.

OP has taken down gas tank and it looks like crap inside= bad pump, bad tank, bad hangar, etc. Its so bad he's replacing it along with the straps. Doesnt matter how many times you rest the computer, wiggle wires, sprinkle dust on it.. you fix cars by replacing stuff that is known bad and going from there.

This is basic stuff.. 1st you get proper fuel pressure as the fuel injection will not ever(never) work properly.

Then you confirm sensors are working properly.. IE TPS, MAF, etc. Plugs would be a possible following along with wires.. Once fired up and those parts running work on details.

This happens from letting a car sit.. seen it way too often when moisture gets into the tank and what it does.

I misunderstood, I thought the OP meant it went to 40 and dropped under full vacuum.

Thanks for pointing out that he was changing the fuel tank, I read that.....:eek:

If that was new fuel pumping at 25 psi it should have idled and ran at least... would you not agree?

Which is why I think(Thought) something else may be going on. it looks like a lot of "Dust" has been sprinkled under that hood...

This is basic stuff....:rolleyes:

So I checked my fuel pressure it's at 30 psi and it trys to go to 40 but it doesn't pass that when I give it a little gas it goes down to like 27

I haven't done one yet cause it was running before i changed the tps cause a friend of mine told me he had the same problem and it was the tps I'm pretty sure now it's a fuel problem cause cause it doesn't want to idle bit it u rev it after the hesitation point which is like 2000 it goes up fine

You should still do the compression test because it's free (local parts stores rent the tester for free) and if your fuel delivery is that poor it's possible you had major knock issues from lack of fuel.

Well I figured out the problem it was the fuel pump I pump a 340 stealth filled up the tank primed it started right off no problems