You can type here any text you want

pistons-JE or WISECO?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

liv4gnz

i got these piston sets with rings pistons and pins

who do you recomend i can get either set for the same prices

JE pistons they were one of the first to produce aftermarket pistons for these cars

or wise co pistons

why would you chose either one or another and whats the weight differences

any other you guys recomend if i can find a package deal on diamonds as well weich ones do you think are the best and lightest?

DIAMOND!!!

Diamond pistons developed many different pistons for the Buick Stage 2 engines. They have forgotten more about Buick V6's than some manufacturers know.

They have "shelf" pistons for our engines or can build whatever you want in a custom piston.

for a stock 109 block they have applications as well? and what is such a big advantage to using them instead of other name brands?

I like the Diamond pistons as well. They have a quench pad that matches the head, so they are a little better at fighting off detonation.

I believe the JE's are the better piston. They should have a full perimeter skirt where the Wiseco's do not. With that said I have Wiseco's in my engine. But only because they were much cheaper.

i got these piston sets with rings pistons and pins
who do you recomend i can get either set for the same prices
JE pistons they were one of the first to produce aftermarket pistons for these cars
or wise co pistons
why would you chose either one or another and whats the weight differences
any other you guys recomend if i can find a package deal on diamonds as well weich ones do you think are the best and lightest?

Is the selection based on performance or budget?
What performance goal are you shooting for? :confused:

well im getting aftermarket pistons and i dont know too many options or which ones to look more at

trws too heavy

so its down to JE and WISECO they are both 499$

whats the price usually for diamonds ?

te44 ported heads roller cam alky 23 psi

.......... trws too heavy
so its down to JE and WISECO they are both 499$
......... te44 ported heads roller cam alky 23 psi

Well, the heavy stock pistons have proven to live in that boost area for a very LONG time!
Question is; What RPM do you plan to spin the motor at?

I' gonna have the pistons built because I'm using a longer rod. I've chosen JE from what I've seen about breaking pistons. JE have the best for the cost as far as I'm conserned. Not cheap but...

a little higher than factory shift points

so for pistons

JE,s or the stock heavy trws?

I use Wisecos.

After 250+ runs (mostly 9 seconds) and lots of miles we tore the engine apart. The Wisecos checked out to be in great condition. They are going back in for hopefully another 250+ runs and many more miles:biggrin:

My $.02

Did you know JE and Weisco are both owned by the same company (Dover corp.) and in the motorsports division?

I only know because I worked for another Dover Co at one time and got to know one of the big bosses that oversaw both companies.

Weisco came into our plant a couple times.

does that still mean one is better than the other?

i have some time to decide still till monday so i can place the order

what do you guys think i should go with?

from opinions its

wiseco 1
JE 2

do they compare to the 500 dollars of these?

all three are quality parts so im not really cheaping out any one know the price range on a set?

109 block

Back