pittsburgh members!!!!

GN Mechanic

Mcc,

Most of us know on this sticky know about these cars. When it comes to GN's, I would have to agree that Shawn is the man! I have dealt with him various times and have no complaints. FYI, there are some of us local boys that know a great deal about these cars as well. Turbotimmer (Tim) actually had an article published in GMHTP not too long ago about cheap performance upgrades. There is a guy around my area that is pretty good as well. His name is Jay Frick. Little pricey but knows his stuff (buick service tech for 30+ years) Then there is me. My buddy and I have a garage in Greensburg that we do performance work out of. Unfortunately, he is a Mustang man... :eek: I, on the other hand, specialize in turbo-powered cars. Mainly Turbo Buicks. (Yes, I have a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe... but it is my beater car... :biggrin: ) Just want to let you know that you have lots of options around our "ranch"!

Spank

:biggrin:

esasky, i think his name is dan mccan(sp)

shawn is the great tunner in the burg:cool:

newest member will be bill haines, his car being stripped and painted right now

7 more weeks time mine comes out:D

I"m from Baldwin. Its in the south hills if you haven't heard of it.
Its great that theirs a decent amount of locals who know their way around these cars. I'm sure you guys can give me some rules/tips on inspection& emissions. Like, will valve cover breathers pass the visual...harnesses are in the car instead of stock seat belts? I know I have to hook the stock front sway bar back up before inspection, but rather not put the original seat belts back in if I dont have to.
thanks
EJ

I"m from Baldwin. Its in the south hills if you haven't heard of it.
Its great that theirs a decent amount of locals who know their way around these cars. I'm sure you guys can give me some rules/tips on inspection& emissions. Like, will valve cover breathers pass the visual...harnesses are in the car instead of stock seat belts? I know I have to hook the stock front sway bar back up before inspection, but rather not put the original seat belts back in if I dont have to.
thanks
EJ

Why not just put a classic plate on it? You'll never have to do the emissions. Just a yearly inspection and its a one time registration fee for the plate. Just a thought. Welcome to the GN family.

bills car is gonna be realy nice when its done and as for shawn beware he'll take your money and run. Ya he built a few fast cars but he is still the worst bussiness man i ever met. The tunning shawn dose to these cars is no big big deal any of you could do it if you can turn a wrench. Dont be fooled hes not that good and he will give you the run around when you need something. Just beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry John! Please forgive me! :biggrin: Mcc, dont forget about JCTurbo (John) either! he also had an article in GMHTP as well! His knows his s%$t as well!

Gnocide,

Are you refering to my question about the 85 T I saw in Butler. If so, would you happen to have his number? I want to see if he still has that car!

Spank

:D

Ok, how the hell do I post pics of my cqr on this site? I want you guys... and ladies (just for you Stace! :wink:) to see how the car is coming along.

Thanks,

Spank

yes i was refferring to you,

i dont have his number though

Ok, how the hell do I post pics of my cqr on this site? I want you guys... and ladies (just for you Stace! :wink:) to see how the car is coming along.

Thanks,

Spank

Hahaha, Thanks Chris!!

For the pictures, if you scoll down alittle you'll see "manage attachments" . You may have to resize your picture in order for them to upload. If you want I can post them for you, just email them over and I can resize them for you.

Thank you Stacie!

Anything for you Stacie! :biggrin:

I would greatly appreciate that! I will send you some pics! Thanks again!

Chris

Here are your pictures. Looks good!!

Attachments

• P1300034.jpg
    P1300034.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 214
  • P1300035.jpg
    P1300035.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 221
  • P1300036.jpg
    P1300036.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 200
  • P1300037.jpg
    P1300037.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 218
thaTS NICE!!!!!!!!

ill have to come over to greensburg or jeannette to see that car up close.

well lets do some pics out of winter bordem>>>

1st
my car at jjs in mt pleasent

2nd is
my car at hybridynamics in youngwood

3rd is gnx rear suspension

4th is
one at my old house showing the 15x 10 g body parts cutom widened rims

Attachments

• 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC06826.sized.jpeg
    DSC06826.sized.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 197
  • Picture 062.jpg
    Picture 062.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 195
  • Picture 095.jpg
    Picture 095.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 199
Hey gnocide,

Are you gonna put the fender flares on with the wider wheels? I was really thinking of having a set of wheels widened for my GN, I need to save up some more for that. I just want the rear wheels widened to 15 x 8. But the 15x10 looks badass. Nice lookin ride.

i want flares but if you look at the pic on the dyno the 15x10s dont stick out

now im looking to repaint the car this summer and im having all the front mount i/c pipes repainted

next project will prolly be gnx fender vents and correct backspaced gnx wheels (16x10 in the back)

2 more pics
1st is the npr intercooler and ugly pipes im repainting

2nd is the full leather kit installed by shawns auto-really clean job shawn did.

Attachments

• Picture 312.jpg
    Picture 312.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 211
2 more fo leather

Attachments

• Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 211