You can type here any text you want

Places that make stock style sheetmetal intakes?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sixgun86gn

six offender
I have decided that when my TA motor is done,I want to top it with a sheetmetal intake.I know I probably do not need it,but it looks cool and works good too.The motor is a off center version with the TA street heads.

What places make these type of intakes and can be trusted to get it done right?I have heard horror stories of $2000 + intakes that fit like crap or just dont work.

I know Mease makes them.Anybody here use one of his?Has everything been OK with him lately,businesswise?I figure we haven't been hearing any complaints...so maybe all the problems are gone now?

Consider Hogans in California, they do most of Duttweilers Stuff.
Wilson in Florida is really good as well.
Use one of these guys and you will be happy.

Wilson worked on my stock block manifold, and I have john's old hogans sheetmetal twin turbo intake.

Wilson-www.nitrousproflow.com
Hogans-www.hogansracingmanifolds.com:cool:

i think you can buy a bowling green intake nowadays. i have a cas sheet metal (alum.) intake. very nice but it did take a little work on the water ports.

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
Who is selling the BGC these days?I might just go that way.

Well BGC is now called Southern Kustoms, but the website is still....

http://www.bowlinggreencustoms.com

John is still the owner so if you order one from him I'd do it COD... Also, you may be able to pick up one from Guy Robinson (killr6)... If I remember correctly he had a bunch of BGC intakes that he was selling for John (he deals with John directly) so that might be a better option...

On a side note I heard TA was going to make an intake to go along with their heads.... Wonder what happened with that?? I'm sure Nick would know...

With as long as it has taken to get the block and then have it worked and now still waiting on heads.....I don't think I will bother waiting on TA to make the intake.I want to drive this thing while I'm still young.

Check on champion as i ave heard there working on an intake for off center, not sure if they have an on center though
So it a the nats this year

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
With as long as it has taken to get the block and then have it worked and now still waiting on heads.....I don't think I will bother waiting on TA to make the intake.I want to drive this thing while I'm still young.

Will be worth the wait for the TA intake!:)

Ken D. was able to get over 1100 HP from a modified stock intake, and he is helping with the new TA design. Should be as good as most fabricated intakes.

The protype is now being finished and will be instrumented and tested on the dyno soon.

If you want a BG intake, mine will be available when the TA one is done.;)

So Nick,when do you think Mike @ TA will be starting to turn his intakes out?I know you can't nail it down,but roughly.I won't have the car running for several months after I receive the long block so there is no real rush.I don't want to wait til next year for the intake though,you know.Sounds like it will be just as good or better maybe.

I know from the TA motor I saw run at Noble Mike is doing a great service and sells a top notch product.

What did the TA motor run at Noble? Who's car was it in?
Thanks, Kip

The car ran mid 9s with lots of tuning still to do.Launched real nasty too.I beleive the owner was named Glen Calahan and his brother Paul was driving?There were 2 cars, a white one and a gold one...both BAD A**!

Nick knows them personally,he could tell you more than I could.I just spoke to the Gentlemen briefly at the track.I don't want to get any facts mixed up.

Originally posted by Kip
What did the TA motor run at Noble? Who's car was it in?
Thanks, Kip
it is in glen calahan's gold t. it broke 2nd gear at noble and still ran 9.8? shifting 1st to 3rd.

nick will the ta intake be available for stage 2 heads?

I heard of sheet metal intake within the last few weeks that was for sale in the $700 to $800 range. It was one done by Conleys. I also may know of some one willing to sell there BGC off center intake. PM me if you're interested in either and I'll check into them for you.

Jason

well as long as were talking about this-------im looking for some kind of sheet metal intake for an off center stage headed motor. i already have 4 brl. intakes does bg make one for this? thanks

Originally posted by postal
I heard of sheet metal intake within the last few weeks that was for sale in the $700 to $800 range. It was one done by Conleys. I also may know of some one willing to sell there BGC off center intake. PM me if you're interested in either and I'll check into them for you.

Jason

Yeah I heard about it too.From what I have heard it has been modified from original or something.Thanks for the offer.I do not have the $$ to be buying an intake right now.I am just getting my sources and price range figured out.

I think I will probably be just doing the BGC or TA (depending on when it comes out).I can't find any info or pics about the new Champion intake at all.

Back