Please help me connect to my XFI

RED LS1

My car is all running and XFI has been on 500 miles with no issues. At first I tried my Dell WinXP Laptop but didn't have any luck connecting. Said NO ECU FOUND. I bagged it and hooked up my brothers laptop (which worked fine on his XFI) and went foward. Now i'm back to making my laptop work again. I installed the Manhatan USb disc already and it seemed to install just fine.

I have tried it on every USB port and the serial port. I f2'd it in every USB configuration. No matter which way I do it I get ECU not found or of course Com open failed.

Again, My brothers connects with no issues and we tune the car with it.

Any suggestions?

im assuming you have the correct version of ccom on your laptop, be it xfi or xfi 2.0

my usb2serial that came with it crapped out on me after plugging it in to my buddies laptop, good thing i had a backup. id try a different adapter

my usb2serial that came with it crapped out on me after plugging it in to my buddies laptop, good thing i had a backup. id try a different adapter

x2 this is a known problem..........some wires work with it, some don't,

IIRC, the Walmart and Radio Shack USB Adaptors worked ok......lots of problems with Vista too..........

If I plug the serial wire directly into the serial port it still doesn't work. If I use the serial/usb adaptor it still doesn't work. If I plug my brothers laptop into either wire it connects with no problem. I believe the wires are good as they work well in the other laptop. I think this one is more of a matter of not having the right port configuration setup or something.

The Laptop is a dell Lattitude D630 with Windows XP. I bought it specificly for this XFI and am not able to use it.

^ I would love to know. I tried port 1 through 4 in the setup menu (drop down) and tried it while moving the usb from port to port while doing it. No luck. I even tried the serial port with all 4 port settings in the set up menu.

Do you think it could need to be on port 5 - 17 in the set up menu? I just assumed it would need to be 1 - 4?

Are you going to the device manager and checking which port is assigned the the serial cable?

control panel-device manager.

delete everything under the com ports and restart the computer with it plugged in, this will make the computer reinstall all the drivers

control panel-device manager.

delete everything under the com ports and restart the computer with it plugged in, this will make the computer reinstall all the drivers

With the xfi plugged in? Or the computer plugged in?

I found the Com settings in the device manager. The setting are pretty extensive and i'm not sure what i'm doing. Although, it's looking like this is the problem. It's showing that 3 - 7 are in use ( Being used or available for use??) I tried plugging in and changing the Com on the XFI set up to the 3 - 7 port and still the same results.

when you plug in the connecter does the computer give a message like found new hardware or anything?

Yes. I'm getting that message at the bottom after plugging into several diffent ports. It does recognize

Try installing the drivers from the fast website, instead of the disc.

This appears to be a laptop and set up issue. If anyone wants a few bucks to have this shipped to you and get it to connect I would be glad to pay for it. I'n not really good at computers. I'm afraid I'm going to mess up a setting and make it completly useless.

If you can get on the internet with that laptop I can go in and try to fix it, you just need to download a program called team viewer.