POLICE Dodge Chargers!!! Dont try 2 out run them!!!

The whole "can't beat the radio" thing is just some BS cops say to make themselves feel better. I've had friends outrun cops with VW golfs before and never got caught. I would never personally even attempt it, its nowhere worth the risk but some people don't think about consequences.

While it sounds like he had made some bad decisions in the past (on probation) am I to understand that the cops endangered many lives, risked tens of thousands of dollars of state resources, and possibly violated policy by continuing this pursuit because of a SPEED VIOLATION.

What a joke.

But then I do not think and act like a criminal/cop. Shouldn't one only attempt such behavior when escaping with the plans to the secret missile base or something like that there.

Just got my first speeding ticket since 1989 :( the last thing on my mind was to try to lose the cop! I did however have a desire to pull the Cheech and Chong line on him, but he looked like he had ZERO sense of humor:
Cop: May I see your license sir?
Cheech: Isn't that on the bumper back there man? [pointing to the rear of the car]
LOL - don't know how good that would work.

I also have a Hayabusa - they take mods to go over 200, and the speedometer on bikes, like boats, are known to indicate considerably higher then actual speed. One of the first things one asks about high speed on the Busa boards is: was that actual (GPS) or indicated. Me thinks that the bike may have indicated 178, probably closer to 160, and that got morphed into the cop clocked me at....

dang

Dang Ray! Remind me to smack your bro next time I see him! And a stock R1 will do 190+. Ray remember Michael's R1? It ran neck and neck with Brian's CBR100XX on top end(195 on the CBR speedo,192 on R1) and the CBR was clocked at 192 a few days later.

No stock bike will go 190 except the first couple years of the Hayabusa - since about 2000/2001 the MFR's agreed to regulate the bikes to 186 MPH to avoid what seemed to be inevitable government regulation of bikes.

Not saying anything about the chase....Police Chargers are nothing special in terms of speed. They're not fast by any standard, the brakes are horrible, and they're not well built enough to withstand constant police use.

The whole "can't beat the radio" thing is just some BS cops say to make themselves feel better. I've had friends outrun cops with VW golfs before and never got caught. I would never personally even attempt it, its nowhere worth the risk but some people don't think about consequences.

Lol.... Here we go. The internet hero stories begin. "My friend out ran 50 cops accross three states, and he did it with a broken leg in his 6 speed GTI". Yawn...:eek:

Well I ditched 51 cops but then one of them FBI un-limited top end GN's tried to catch my Dodge Charger with a 351 Cleveland - lost that car when I hit a train and figured I should stop all this nonsense - lol

Not saying anything about the chase....Police Chargers are nothing special in terms of speed. They're not fast by any standard, the brakes are horrible, and they're not well built enough to withstand constant police use.

That's not what the cops in our area are saying. :biggrin:

That's not what the cops in our area are saying. :biggrin:

Do you honestly think that they'd say, "Some punk in a hopped up Civic outran me last night. Damn Hondas." No, of course not. They're going to spew as much BS as possible to the public so that stupid rumors like this one get started and people are too scared/intimidated to run from them. If they're seen as ordinary people driving ordinary cars then the whole image of a pursuing LEO is a joke.

Modern motorcycle speedos are about 10% optimistic on their indicated reading. Only true way to verify is by GPS which I have done on mine.

Sorry about your brother Ray! He needs a good attorney for sure. :frown:

Wow
Am I the only retard that slams on the brakes when the cop lights are turned on behind me? I have gotten rear-ended by cops about ten times.

Running from the cops it’s just retarded. And in my opinion until you can figure out a way to out run the radio it’s useless to even try and once the Chopper shows up you are done.

Sorry to hear bout yer bro... been there too.

IME the only time it's possible to outrun is when you know the territory. If you run outa 'known' roads before eluding chase, you're done cuz he's gained some friends by then. Nights spent in corn fields come to mind!:D Then there's the inevitable 72hr sweat of hiding out while the time runs down on them knockin on the door. Even that's probably changed since my days. Sure wouldn't want to be in a position of 'needing' to avoid another ticket again.

Do you honestly think that they'd say, "Some punk in a hopped up Civic outran me last night. Damn Hondas." No, of course not. They're going to spew as much BS as possible to the public so that stupid rumors like this one get started and people are too scared/intimidated to run from them. If they're seen as ordinary people driving ordinary cars then the whole image of a pursuing LEO is a joke.

Well i'm not implying that they are fastest things on the road. I was simply responding to claims about brake problems and lackluster performance. We (the dodge dealer) have had no complaints from them about brakes, in fact, they claimed the crown vics had given them fits with warping rotors and such. Guess it depends on who's driving them where. Also the CHP and other tests prove that the V8 charger will flat wipe the floor with anything they'd used previously. Any stock vehicle can be outdone by cars and bikes alike but it's a pretty stupid idea when you look at risk VS. reward unless you are wanted for something that's already bound to throw you in the slammer for a few years.

The police DID say that the crown vic got around better in the snow, although that same traction control wasn't defeatable on any car they'd had except one, and that it made it a bitch to corner with it on rock if you were in a BIG hurry. They claimed no notable difference in mileage between the two cars when driven the same. The crown vic had 225/60/16's which were cheaper to buy than the 18's on the dodge (16's won't clear those big dodge brakes :D ). Resale on a CVPI is so low they may as well burn it when they are done. :biggrin: We haven't got a police charger in on trade yet to see how they do on resale. The local sheriff says if it was up to him they'd all drive trucks because the trucks only get 3-4 mpg less under their conditions and the trucks are actually worth something when they get rid of them.

Just reporting what's been reported to me......

Ahaa, NICK !! I read that, said " top out at 170mph". wonder what kind of gears is in those things if its only puttin out 368hp????

Dont know if its true but thats still haulin butt on 4 tires.