Police shown on tape handcuffing misbehaving 5-year-old

Re: Still waiting....

Originally posted by TT/A1233
The critics here have been quick to place blame on everyone EXCEPT the kid/parent I'm still waiting for answers to these seemingly simple little questions:

What should the teacher have done differently?

What should school administrators have done differently?

What should the police have done differently?

They are not going to answer you because they have no arguing points. They can plainly see the teacher did all she could with out actually grabbing the kid and holding her from even moving but that would have been no different than what the cops did. The only difference would be that the teacher is sued instead of the cops.

This is ironic because today I took my 3 year old to school and she didn't want to go. She starting throwing a fit, kicking and screaming, and when the teacher came over to get her from me, she hit the teacher in the face and knocked her glasses off. I mean she really nailed her. The teacher looked at her and said, " now Faith, why did you hit me? You know your not supposed to hit" It all happened so fast, I was kind of supprised. I grabbed her up and we went out side to the truck to have a little "prayer meeting". Well, after the sobbing had subsided and we got back inside I kind of stuck around for a bit and watched what she did. She acted as if nothing had happened. She started painting and coloring.
Two other boys however started fighting. One boy grabbed the other one by the hair and slammed his head into the table. The teacher came over and his punishment was to sit there and talk it out with the teacher and the other child. ???????
Its amazing to see a 3 year old try and understand that "if I hit somebody then I sit and talk about it". Similar situations happened about two more times before I left.

I understand why kids are cussing their mom out in the grocery store or cussing out people they don't even know because they're trying to act like a "bad ass". There is no punishment in schools anymore because of all the sue happy parents that want someone to magiclly make their kid behave, learn at the right speed, and become a normal member of society, but no matter what he does or how he behaves, you better not lay a finger on little johny or I'll sue you and the school!! I remember having to bend over the desk in middle school and I couldn't sit down straight for the rest of the afternoon. It didn't take many days like that (especially after getting another one from dad when I got home) to make me realize acting a fool isn't worth the punishment. I wish some of these kids today could go back about 20 years and see what they could get away with:eek:

Bingo! You hit the nail on the head...

Let me re-emphasize what I posted earlier:

Maybe [a pacificists] idea of controlling an out of control kid is singing a lullaby but that's not what Law Enforcement does. You involve the police and it's time to conduct business. It's not playtime with Barney the Dinosaur.

Want a child psychologist then call a child psychologist. Want a pizza delivered then order a Dominos Pizza. Need someone restrained or controlled then you call the cops. End of story.

This topic always gets my ire up because armchair quarterbacks always say "you big, bad cops hurt my precious little angel". Angel my ass....discipline your kid and keep him/her in line so the school doesn't have to call cops who have no choice but to control the situation because panzy-ass parents sue school districts because they "touched little Johnny".

I say put the paddles back on the walls and if crap like this happens it's 5 whacks on the fanny.

Had I acted a fool like that my ex-Marine dad would have whooped my ass I wouldn't have sat down for a week. And I wouldn't have acted like that again. Unfortunately the politically correct direction this country is headed will only exacerbate this problem and we'll see more and more of it.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe [a pacificists] idea of controlling an out of control kid is singing a lullaby but that's not what Law Enforcement does. You involve the police and it's time to conduct business. It's not playtime with Barney the Dinosaur.

Want a child psychologist then call a child psychologist. Want a pizza delivered then order a Dominos Pizza. Need someone restrained or controlled then you call the cops. End of story.

This topic always gets my ire up because armchair quarterbacks always say "you big, bad cops hurt my precious little angel". Angel my ass....discipline your kid and keep him/her in line so the school doesn't have to call cops who have no choice but to control the situation because panzy-ass parents sue school districts because they "touched little Johnny".

I say put the paddles back on the walls and if crap like this happens it's 5 whacks on the fanny.

Had I acted a fool like that my ex-Marine dad would have whooped my ass I wouldn't have sat down for a week. And I wouldn't have acted like that again. Unfortunately the politically correct direction this country is headed will only exacerbate this problem and we'll see more and more of it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS SOOO WRONG. "IF YOU Want a pizza delivered then order a Dominos Pizza." Papa Johns is much better..
:D

Bwahahahha!! You are so right. I was so enraged at the moment it's the 1st pizza delivery joint I could think of. Forgive please....

There was another thread not so long ago that touched on this somewhat.......................

isn't it amazing what 911 gets used for?

Re: I disagree....

Originally posted by artrenee10
Im sorry but there is no way UNDERNEATH ANY CIRCUMSTANCES would I allow police officers to handcuff my child...Guys yes she was acting out but how is that any different than any of the temper tantrums that YOUR own children have thrown. I have a two year old and as we all know the terribletwo's ain't nothin nice. But to be put in handcuffs for a temper tantrum is a bit extreme.....no Im sorry I don't agree....

And Im also a school teacher (7th Grade Language Arts)

And those same teachers should have taken control of their situation and their classroom as well.

Somehow, I think that if it were some of your own children that were being handcuffed for throwing a temper tantrum essentially, you might have a different opinion.....

She's a five year old girl.......

Is this what we have came to?
Yes, this is what we have come to b/c it thoughts like yours that created the situation for your parenting habbits. How is a child suppose to respect others if you protect them from others comments and punishments or whatever? If a child creates havoc and we are suppose to stand by and let them in fear that we are going to be in trouble what does the child learn? Let me tell you, it tells them that they can't be touched or punished. They learn that they are FEARED and can do whatever they want w/o punishment. OOOOOooo, but they may get at timeout when they get home..

YOUR WRONG! She 5 years old and should know better.
Did you even watch the vid????????????????
If my kids acted that way I would WANT the officers to cuff my kids and the kids will catch hell when they get home!! My kids WILL respect others or they will be punished, PERIOD and I don't care by whom! Some people on the other hand must have this idea in their head that everything goes as planned and all kids can be controlled verbally... bwahhahhaaa... How about a reality check? It's thoughts like this that allow kids to run rampant around this world creating havoc b/c the parents don't want to punish there kids. I give the teachers kudos for handeling as well as they did.

Let's play a game. You suggest a way to control a kid and I'll always answer "and if that doen't work?" and see what you end up for an answer. We keep playing this game until you control the kid.

99% of the kids don't need ANY of this extreme punishment (they are still sitting in the class room) but what is suppose to be done with that one child who is completely and totally out of control and may not care about hurting someone or worse yet themselves??? Oh yea, Time Out.. BwaAAHAAHHAA.

ks

Originally posted by Drew L
There was another thread not so long ago that touched on this somewhat.......................

isn't it amazing what 911 gets used for?
I heard a 911 EMS run go out the other day for candy shoved up a youngster's nose. What happened to simply driving him/her to the family doctor? Wise use of services / tax $ I say....:rolleyes:.

TT/A, if you knew half what people consider an "emergency" today you'd be sick!
People even call 911 for directions and HAVE to told to call back on the business number, it's pathetic:rolleyes:

Yea, I know. Fortunately I don't work in the inner-city where no one has health insurance so why not dall up they Dr. and have them make a house call....all free of charge!!

On one of the local radio stations today they were talking about this situation and one of the host was in the mall the other day. She said this kid was acting bazerk and running all over. The kids mom said "get over here and sit down" ...the kid still was running around. The mom said, " one.....two..... and the kid ran over sat down and didn't move. The lady was like " I really want to know what happens when she got to three......Guaranteed it wasn't a "time out". ;)

Lemme start off by saying that I apologize for my earlier comment as it was grossly uncalled for....

With that being said,im sick and tired of police using excessive force and/or restraining the elderly and children.ESPECIALLY JUST BECAUSE THERE BLACK.Theyre helpless,its like some asshole whod mistreat an animal...

Im white,im from Alabama,and I dont like anyone.Im just calling it like I see it.JMHO

Didn't you just call Charles Long the N-word on Turbobuick(S).com?
:confused:

Bishir, I would like to see that thread if you could post the link. After all that was said before , that would be kind of an eye opener huh?

With that said, I met charles this past weekend. He and his cousin drove down to TN. Two of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet and I can't imagine him doing anything to cause that kind of verbal abuse or label. Just my 2cts.

Originally posted by dentmasters01
Bishir, I would like to see that thread if you could post the link. After all that was said before , that would be kind of an eye opener huh?

With that said, I met charles this past weekend. He and his cousin drove down to TN. Two of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet and I can't imagine him doing anything to cause that kind of verbal abuse or label. Just my 2cts.

What Broke1 said on Turbobuick(S).com is really off topic to this thread . He did not directly post that word to anyone on this board (maybe some other board). Unfotunately, if that word showed up on this board, admin may be forced to lock or modify the thread. dentmasters01 if you want to see what was posted, this really needs to be adressed between you and Bishir via pm