You can type here any text you want

Poor GN. Big block power, ya right.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Its just a clone regal relax

Its funny i get mad props on chevelles.com and maliburacing.com my freinds has been posting on here using my screen name and password. so excuse any misinterpeted info i have no posted here in a while use to won a turbo-t i sold it cuz i had to pay off my school o loan and debts.This project took me a little over a year and i half to complete it cost me a total of 3500 bucks
mtor,trans,rearend.It has a bone stock gn tranny,and converter,gn rear end posi.I got the car for 900 bucks,got the whole interior out a wrecken yard for 200 bucks it was from a regulat regal with the t-option,gn wheels were craiglist score 300 bucks,tranny and rearend cost me 800 local craigslist.used 454 from 74 impala 400 bucks.
Here is what it has 69.95 summit cam 218/228
8.0 comp ratio,hooker headers,stock 781 heads untouched,e-brock rpm,holley 3310,msd 6a,hei,drove it over 250 miles roundtrip,ran on 87 octane
1.902 60ft.et streets launching off idle 750 rpm best time was a
12.7@107 had about ten runs that day all were in 12.7-13.2 range mph-106-107.I think for what its got its a great runner.Funny thing is everyone thinks its s gn.I dont know why i get so many bad comments and it all for turbobuick yet there is a v8 topic board how many of you can run those times for 3500 bucks including the car.I respect anything thats homebuilt on a budget and runs strong get off the my turbo 6 is the **** and i should bash anything else that isn't gn or tr tr's also need mods to hang with todays machines.I was pleased that i was able to take down on 03 cobra exhaust,intake and dr's it was hot as hell 95 degree day i didn't worry about detonating all i did was mash the throttle.There are a lot of great board members on here there are also a lot of other members who are just critics we all don't have money to buy expensive mods and own a pristine tr that runs 10's with ac and all if i could afford it don't you think that is what i would do.I use to have lots of respect for this board so as my last post im going to post my recent street kills of several tr's yes i have lost to some but i have beaten more than i have lost to they all had the same excuse i didn't have race gas!!!!I let turn up the boost a brake boost for 2 hours before we can run,my alchy didn't come on.Hope you guys enjoy the videos.Thanks for the positive posts from the real hot rod crowd.

heres a classic thousands in parts but wants to be a critic if i had spent a quarter of what he did i would blow his high buck operation out of the park

Do let them get under your skin they are just jealous

Exactly, some of the people on here are not true car guys. They just have a TR and have no appreciation for other peoples work. I really like the car and think you did a kick as$ job at it. I would personally love to have it and it would be a lot of fun to cruise around! Just think what it'll do with a little spray!

its nice thats what i would do if i wanted a gn but couldnt afford one.also big block power will still get the job done when done right and 12s are descent times.ive had 12 second cars and 8 sec cars.i think some folks forget what it was like when they didnt have the money to do the big things that it takes to run those 10s and 9s and 8s and so on.if somebody gets praises for doin a 6.0 lsx and you get bashed for a big block that doesnt make sense.i personally think its stupid to take a real gn or t and put any other motor in it besides a buick based v6 when you can do it from a regular regal and have a car worth the same but cloning a gn out of a reglar regal who cares its worth more with the bb than it ever was before you got it.good job dude rock on!

At least these guys are still hot rodding this Buick even if it has a 454 instead of a V6. It could had been worse if they would of turned it into a low rider.:eek:

Back