Poor kid in Cobra!

PimpinAintEz347

turbo member
Decide I haven't gotten on my car in a while so I hooked her up w/ my QT Pro Hoosier's :eek: and take her out to the Houston's race scenes. I'm on 249 and decide to check out the local bank. 20 or so cars are there... and I roll up inside. Instantly I get the head turns :cool: and a few come rushing to my window. They all tell me that this cobra (i think 99) has been beating the pants off everyone tonite and that I might give it some competition (haha yes he said that). A ford... please... show me where he is! As i roll by.. my cam rumbles the ground and there he is parked w/ his car on looking to get in another race. I stop by him. Loud exhaust, phat cam, bring it on! Our convo goes something like this....

Me: nice snake.. I heard you've been having a good night
Him: Ya you could say that
Him: Never raced a GN before... too bad they aren't a 6-speed
Me: Ya too bad :rolleyes:
Him: Just got near gears... pulling pretty nice tonight
Me: So which gear are you gonna use to pull me in... slow, slowest, even slower?
Him: Haha what makes you think you can talk s*** when you haven't proven anything tonight?
Me: Give me a chance... I just showed up :D
Him: Let's roll out
Me: :cool:

As we roll out onto the street... ppl began to park there cars towards the street to watch. He throws a few quick revs as he pulls up and stops at the light. I give the hoosiers a quick spin (he isnt worth a burnout) and line up at the light. The cross light turns yellow and I begin to build the boost. I get it up to 9#. The light turns red and down goes the pedal! I pull instantly 2-4 cars on him as i shift into 2nd and when i hit 3rd i pull about another 2 cars on him. Too bad he forgot to roll up his window b/c my wastegate just blasted his ears! I shut it down at about 100 mph and realize I was about 8 or so cars ahead. I hear everyone screaming as we both pull back into the lot. The rest of our convo goes like this...

Me: good race
Him: how the hell did you beat me?
Me: dont get too mad its just a 6
Him: I know!!!
Me: dude dont worry I didnt even use my NOS on you :eek:
Him: OMG!!!
Me: j/k dude I dont have NOS
Him: oh thank God
Him: I have never been raped like that... I f****** run 11.8 for God sakes!
Me: I guess that's not fast enough
Me: feel lucky I didnt steal your money...
Him: :mad:

Yup.. another night of glory and another snake down. After that no one wanted to race me ;) He was the only car in the 11's there.. most were either high 12's low 13's (can you say ls1?)

Im getting ready to take her back to the track.. I will let you guys know what she runs but after installing an aluminum driveshaft and radiator I'm hoping... really hoping for a 10 sec run!!!

1987 Buick Grand National- 11.1@125

Another stang bites the dust!! You gotta love it! Good luck getting that 10 second pass!

AH! Your story reminds me of the good-ol days, back when I was really into the TRs, and was out street racing. :)

One thing you can say about Fords is they are alot like a woman. "They go down smooth!":D :cool:

Originally posted by buickman69
AH! Your story reminds me of the good-ol days, back when I was really into the TRs, and was out street racing. :)

One thing you can say about Fords is they are alot like a woman. "They go down smooth!":D :cool:

Ronnie, still curious, you post here like your into to TR's yet on other boards you still say "the only real Buick has a V8"? you also have called this board the chevy turbo board and if I remember correctly you recently said TR's are crap, but now you remember the 'good-ol days" ??? I can pull them up for you if you would like.

You sent me this quote recently in a e-mail...........
"T-Rs "are not" Gods gift to Buicks and I'm sick of the Chevy mentality that T-Rs are the only Buicks and the old V8 cars are slow. If you've ever been to the Nats then you know that's absurd.:confused: "

I have been the nats and I know that both the GS cars and the TR's are fast and both are great cars made by BUICK!

I don't recall anyone here ever thinking the TR's are Gods gift to Buicks and I believe most here would also love to own a GS car as well, I know I would! I also know that no one that I have ever read stated that the V8 Buicks are slow??

Everyone I have spoke to on this turbo board loves all Buicks both V8 and TR's, but you seem to stick your finger up into the wind depending on what board you post to.

The older GS cars are becoming too pricey for alot of us and as much as I would like to own one now, I cannot. If this misplaced attitude of yours about the TR people is true then you have been with the wrong TR owners and should think again.
We are all BUICK fans of both camps!! When I hit the lottery my first purchase will be a 455 GS car.

Originally posted by Quick6

Ronnie, still curious, you post here like your into to TR's yet on other boards you still say "the only real Buick has a V8"? you also have called this board the chevy turbo board and if I remember correctly you recently said TR's are crap, but now you remember the 'good-ol days" ??? I can pull them up for you if you would like.

You sent me this quote recently in a e-mail...........
"T-Rs "are not" Gods gift to Buicks and I'm sick of the Chevy mentality that T-Rs are the only Buicks and the old V8 cars are slow. If you've ever been to the Nats then you know that's absurd.:confused: "

I have been the nats and I know that both the GS cars and the TR's are fast and both are great cars made by BUICK!

I don't recall anyone here ever thinking the TR's are Gods gift to Buicks and I believe most here would also love to own a GS car as well, I know I would! I also know that no one that I have ever read stated that the V8 Buicks are slow??

Everyone I have spoke to on this turbo board loves all Buicks both V8 and TR's, but you seem to stick your finger up into the wind depending on what board you post to.

The older GS cars are becoming too pricey for alot of us and as much as I would like to own one now, I cannot. If this misplaced attitude of yours about the TR people is true then you have been with the wrong TR owners and should think again.
We are all BUICK fans of both camps!! When I hit the lottery my first purchase will be a 455 GS car.

I think it's clear that i'm a V8 GUY. :) I had a lot of fun in my younger days with TRs but I discovered the awsomeness of the Buick V8 engine.

I don't know why you are so worried about me and what I think, or feel. Like I told you before real Buicks ARE V8s, that's my opinion.

Seems like you are out looking to start something. I like BUICKS in general, Rivis, Wildcats, TRs,etc,etc. That's the only thing you need to really know.

I have never chosen sides as you put it but i'll ALWAYS stand up for the older cars.

Originally posted by buickman69

Seems like you are out looking to start something. I like BUICKS in general, Rivis, Wildcats, TRs,etc,etc. That's the only thing you need to really know.

I have never chosen sides as you put it but i'll ALWAYS stand up for the older cars.

No Ronnie... a REAL BUICK is not a V8 nor is it a V6, A real Buick is ANY Buick we drive, love and care for and maintain it for future generations to see and remember.

And Ronnie THIS IS NOT a chevy turbo board as you have stated in the past.

I am not out to start anything, I am just stating facts. Maybe you should go and read what you post on other boards, I can post it here if you like? I like ALL Buicks as I said before and I was just wondering why you post here differently than on the V8 and GSCA boards that all. Nuff said from me.

I could care less what you post or what you think. You are trying to start something and you can PISS-OFF far as I care.

I say what I mean and mean what I say..PERIOD!

Mind your own fn business.

Can't we all just get along! :D :D :D

Major mods are- gn1, pt-54, cas fmic, 50#, 3'' piping w/ 2.5 ss atr, red armstrong chip, 3000 stall, 9'' kn w/ ram air, 3'' atr dp w/ external wastegate, all the gauges, carol alky injection, Hoosier DOT slicks.. those are the major ones... just installed both an aluminum radiator and driveshaft so its running even better. Thanks man

Originally posted by PimpinAintEz347
Can't we all just get along! :D :D :D

Sorry pimpin' for the interruption in your snake killing:D
Another Cobra defanged by a TR and not a turbo chevy:D

Excellent Kill...

How much money do you think this guy will spend on his Cobra before he comes begging for another race? Most likely try to get a Novi2000 and want yet another slap.

giddie up!

As has been said on here many times. We have to educate them one at a time, then they forget, only to be educated again:D

Buickman69 likes all the Bufords. He just doesn't like the attitude some TR owners have. It's almost like the Toyota Supra owner's attitude. I agree with him there. Sometimes they DO act like the only fast car Buick ever made was the TR.

God did indeed decend upon the Earth and create the LC2... LOL

Buickman, sorry if I am wrong in my interpretation of your opinion. :cool:

No flames intended, Peace...

BTW, nice kill Pimpin'... :D

Originally posted by metal-box
Buickman69 likes all the Bufords. He just doesn't like the attitude some TR owners have. It's almost like the Toyota Supra owner's attitude. I agree with him there. Sometimes they DO act like the only fast car Buick ever made was the TR.

God did indeed decend upon the Earth and create the LC2... LOL

Buickman, sorry if I am wrong in my interpretation of your opinion. :cool:

No flames intended, Peace...

Thanks, you interpreted my feelngs exactly.
:)