You can type here any text you want

Pop At Wot To Much Boost?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
X8/whatever for coil pak (&/or plugs, plug wires). How's about it Scot502--WHAT have you done yet re: another coil-pak/ICM testing--before we all go

X8/whatever for coil pak (&/or plugs, plug wires). How's about it Scot502--WHAT have you done yet re: another coil-pak/ICM testing--before we all go

installed new plugs, wires,coil pack i think it was plug wires no more pop but it does surge i little at wot.

What plugs did you remove, and what type plugs did you install?
What was th gap on the old plugs and what gap did you set on the new plugs?

Did you ohm out the plug wires? What was the resistance reading of the old wires and is it much different than you new wires?

Did you ohm out your old coil pack?
What was the resistance reading across each set of towers?

poping

My red car was doing the exact same thing. I changed the coil pack, but it still did it. I swap out the Maf, and it ran strong again under boost. Don't be suprised if it turns out to be the Maf.

Also not really related but???? Get a modern custom burned chip from Eric at Turbo Tweak. That outdated generic one you have is marginal at best.

Marginal is being nice. Dump that Chevy chip quick! Eric Will set you up.

I've had the wrong range plugs cause this, and also had the coil pack cause this.
What plugs you running?
Have you run an ohm meter across your coil pack towers?
Bad plug wires could also cause it...ohm those out too.

r43ts at 32 gap,taylor thundervolt 50ohm per foot, new gm coil pack ohm out good. pop is gone but it surges at wot now not bad but you can feel it checked all vacum lines new intercooler hoses.im runnig race 93 and 100 pump gas:rolleyes:

waiting on new boost gauge but wategate is 1 turn in from stock

Dont beat on the car anymore until you have the guage hooked up. Unless your good with a torque wrench :D

r43ts at 32 gap,taylor thundervolt 50ohm per foot, new gm coil pack ohm out good. pop is gone but it surges at wot now not bad but you can feel it checked all vacum lines new intercooler hoses.im runnig race 93 and 100 pump gas:rolleyes:

After you get the boost gauge and start adding boost, you'll need to close the gap on the plugs a bit.

You should also monitor your fuel pressure at boost and WOT to see that you're getting proper fuel pressure.

....and defintiely get a chip from Turbotweak and some alky (Razor's kit is great) if you don't aready have it.

After you get the boost gauge and start adding boost, you'll need to close the gap on the plugs a bit.

You should also monitor your fuel pressure at boost and WOT to see that you're getting proper fuel pressure.

....and defintiely get a chip from Turbotweak and some alky (Razor's kit is great) if you don't aready have it.

ordered turbo tweek chip i hope it is all you guys say it is mybee ill have money for razors alky set up soon.:smile:

I wouldn't really expect too much from tightening your plug gap to less than 0.032--I'd keep looking elsewhere if pop continues...

New turbo tweek chip is great no knock running 18 on boost how much should i go. I run 93 or better gas.:biggrin:

New turbo tweek chip is great no knock running 18 on boost how much should i go. I run 93 or better gas.:biggrin:

Well, it all DEPENDS--how much better than 93 gas are you willing to do?? What octane equivalent do you think you now have with your pump gas/race gas mix??

And, you need also increase timing to take advantage of the octane/boost increase capabilities...

It's like you're now asking--"how long is a piece of string?"...

Back