You can type here any text you want

POPPING AT WOT, 16 LBS /PUMP GAS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Check power wire from battery to starter. May be shorting on the PS header under boost? Mine had similar issues at WOT. Would short out and loose power momentarily.

Make sure your waste gate hoses are in good shape- if they are cracked at all change them. I've seen this problem before

The vacuum hoses going to the wastegate look okay. But the other vacuum hoses specifically the one going to the map sensor are real dry And cracked I've never seen any in such bad shape. Also the Vacuum lines over near the EGR valve are all cracked and Brittle I'm thinking that the map sensor signal line is leaking under boost

Keep us posted on this. When I get my car out of storage I have to chase the same problem.. G.L. and hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a big issue....

3.8L V-8 eater said:
Keep us posted on this. When I get my car out of storage I have to chase the same problem.. G.L. and hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a big issue....

First off, I would say just look at every vacuum hose. Boost hose , and electrical connection , I replaced the cool and module , thinking that was it. But I overlooked some of the other items that I should have known better will be completely draining the fuel, changing the fuel filter and putting some 100 octane unleaded in it to make sure I'm safe before driving again . Hopefully it is not a cam lobe or head gasket. I've only driven about 4 miles and got Into momentarily ( until I heard it popping two times )

bb's turbo t said:
Also had that same issue. Mine was loose bolts at down pipe and turbo.

That may be it, this car has the stock downpipe elbow And downpipe for now..

Are you sure it's a pop and not just misfiring?

Did you try unplugging cam sensor?

Did you check rocker movement?

If the problems are just at wot it's not the ecm.

Most of these guys are just throwing things out there to be checked. If you want to find the problem listen to what I'm telling you and follow through with diagnostics.

One thing I would do is change the gap on the plugs. I would drop them from the 33 gap down to 28, could be blowing out the spark

TurboBuRick said:
Are you sure it's a pop and not just misfiring?

Did you try unplugging cam sensor?

Did you check rocker movement?

If the problems are just at wot it's not the ecm.

Most of these guys are just throwing things out there to be checked. If you want to find the problem listen to what I'm telling you and follow through with diagnostics.

Will do
Waiting for double pumper to come in next week from Canada
Eh

1badbuford said:
Will do
Waiting for double pumper to come in next week from Canada
Eh

Turbo Rick

So the cam sensor controls more than just start up ignition?
I bought a power logger . Is there a way to check the cam sensor with a power logger?
Also, if the crank sensor were bad would it just not start?
I have replaced module and coil pack not sure what other reasons it would be popping due to misfire

Bought the coil pack and module from nos 4 gn
Have there been any modules or packs bad out of the box from them ? I got the expensive module, supposedly the best....

Check fuel pressure at WOT and make sure you mass air flow reading is at 255 when under full boost.

Back