popping noise?

tl14910

my car makes a loud pop noise then falls on its face every once in a while at full throttle and sometimes at like 3/4 throttle. im not sure where to start to look for the problem. my scanmaster detects no knock when it happens. im going to get a new coil pack to see if that is the problem. any other suggestions?

post in your sig all modifications. and be a little more specific as to whats going on. does the motor stay running? or does it seem as if the whole car has literally turned off for a second?

Could be a MAF or coil (ign) problem. What are your plugs gapped at? And this one is a guess but I'm gonna say you have a K&N air cleaner..........Clean it with the proper MAF cleaner. Dont start throwing $ at it until you verify the cause.

Hi,
Sounds like a lean misfire issue to me. It could be ignition, but you need to pay strict attention to the O2,block learn and integrator when this is happening. A crapped out pump will leave your car on it's face when boost builds. It gave me fits when I had a similar problem,but low O2 sensor input under load was the key. Good luck with your hassle.

the problem seems to have stopped for now for some reason. but i bought i new coil pack to be on the safe side

the problem seems to have stopped for now for some reason. but i bought i new coil pack to be on the safe side

and you should still post up your mods in your sig. it will help diagnosing troubles in the future.

Zombie thread warning! lol
I had this issue today when merging onto the highway. As the yellow light came on (stock digital dash) I heard a pop and the car stopped accelerating. The orange light never came on. It seemed to go away and my analog boost gage read normal the whole time. The motor continued running throughout the incident. The 2 boost lights on the dash do not light up at all now. Anything other than cleaning my aftermarket air filter element, MAF and coil pack replacement recommended?

Hmmm...no thoughts, eh? I guess I didn't describe the situation very well. I'll do more research before I throw more money at her. In the meantime, I went on a screw, bolt, and molding tightening rampage! The ride is much quieter now.