You can type here any text you want

Popping sound from speakers????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ross87t

I am getting a pop everytime I switch tracks on my cd. I also get the pop when I turn the player off and on, and when I turn the volume all the way down. It will pop when I turn it back up too(when the volume switches from 0 to 1)

It is only happening in my left speakers front and rear speakers.

I had some bad engine noise, so I ran the rca's on the opposite side of the power wires, and that cured the engine noise.

Do you think my left speakers are making this popping, because they are still running beside the power wires?

It isn't a constant popping, just one pop each time I do the things I listed above. It's extremely anoying.

BTW, This is in my mustang.

I have 6.5" Pioneer Premier's 4-ways in the front, and Pioneer Premiers 5x7s 4-ways in the rear, along with 2 RF HX2 12's.
The mids/highs are powered by a Planet Audio TT4200 (50w x 4)
And the 12's are being powered by a Planet Audio TT850D (850w x1)
The head unit is a Clarion DX735M

Thanks,
Ross

Update:

Re-ran the speaker wires to the opposite side of the car, and that didn't help.

I swapped speaker wires (left and right) at the amp, and the right speakers started doing all of the popping.

My friend has the exact same amp, so I tried his amp. Same stuff was happening.

Conclusion - It's gotta be the head unit. Thank god it is still under full waranty, and the shop I bought it from has an easy exchange policy. I take it in, he gives me a new one, then he deals with the manufacturer.

I'll let all you guys who helped me:D know if this is the definite fix next week.

Wait hold on on returning the radio

If you swaped the outputs from the amp, but did you try switching out the RCA'a also?

Might not be the deck might be a speaker grounding in the doors or somewhere on the lef side.

Tried 3 different sets of RCAs.

It's not the speakers either. The right speakers pop too when hooked up to the left channel of the amp.

Try disconnecting from the amp only the RCA that it is currently popping on( ie. right or left, leave the other one plugged in). Then try it again from the back of the radio. I'd bet the preamp on the radio is bad.

It may be a little late but I just thought of this. The popping may be because the ground on the RCA jacks on the radio may not be truely grounded. I've seen this once. Since the head unit is supposed to be the only true reference to ground if it itself is not grounded then the RCA's are floating and can actually act like an antenna. In short, take a small piece of wire and connect the outside barrel of one of the RCA jacks by the radio and ground it to the case of the radio.

Back