You can type here any text you want

Ported heads more prone to blow out spark?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Do multiple pulls. Mine would be clean on the very first WOT, then every WOT blast from there it would break up.

Made a few runs, no surge at WOT, unreal that .004" plug gap can make a difference. Battery at WOT is only 12.6, AFR with cut out closed is 11.3, with it open is right at 11.5, it's not jumping around nearly as much as when the spark was being blown out. Boost is about 1.5# more with it open. No surge regardless of cutout being opened/closed. Runs great. Need to look into the Voltage at WOT and possibly throw a little more fuel at it just for safety, and start saving for the TR6 ignition. Pulls were from around a 10mph roll to around 80, pretty much no traction until close to 80 :woot:

Glad its running good for you.
My WOT voltage is the same.

That's a pretty low wot voltage. You can tune around it as long as it's consistent, but I bet your duty cycle would improve greatly with a few more volts.

Ya, I have a couple different post's about it. Nobody really has a solid answer. Im gonna try the modded alternator route.

I had my alternator rebuilt a few years back by a local shop that said they could increase output, I'm not sure if it ever helped but it does seem the voltage is a little lower than normal just cruising around

I talked to JD about this last year and he gets his alt. modded from a local guy. 13v through the traps.

My powermaster alt never drops below 14v. It has an adjustable regulator you set yourself.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back