Possible cam deal??

TireFryer

The New Kid
Sorry for all the posts today, but is this a deal?? I can’t find info on a “precision turbo 210HR” cam anywhere
852537A0-0C5D-40AA-ACFE-558DFE36A9AC.jpeg
CACBB9F8-B762-4EE3-9079-19F0945F40B6.jpeg

Most cams have manufacturer and numbers on the front end.

I would ask for a pic of those and the box those lifters came in.

Learn from there if you should go forward.

I would agree with those above, I misunderstood and thought you were looking for info, only.

There are lots of good used parts out there to be had.

Rotating assemblies and valve train assemblies are a total crap shoot.

Why did he replace it?

never heard of that guy you posted from FB....you seem to be very into your car, many posts on here and done sooooooo much....why by a used cam, but !!!! if you do make sure you get the lifters for it ....same , same right???? or does it deserve all new???
is chuck still here???

Because maybe the combo with that cam didn't work out for him, even though he did his homework ?

Think about that.

:cautious:
moved on...or went different direction....really??? tell me about it....usally means they broke it...or they broke it with ignorance ;) meaning it sucked when they actually drove it ....LOL

moved on...or went different direction....really??? tell me about it....usally means they broke it...or they broke it with ignorance ;) meaning it sucked when they actually drove it ....LOL

Well, OK, you said it different, but the same.

never heard of that guy you posted from FB....you seem to be very into your car, many posts on here and done sooooooo much....why by a used cam, but !!!! if you do make sure you get the lifters for it ....same , same right???? or does it deserve all new???
is chuck still here???
I'm always looking for deals. Cam kits from full throttle are 1500$ so I was thinking I could save a buck lol. Should just accept that nothing is cheap with these cars and to just buy the best of the best the first time:ROFLMAO:

Not interested in this point. But seems legit for someone else.
4DB473B6-995B-4042-9D14-61D1C0041194.jpeg

It is a good deal but many would be hesitant to run it. I just bought a motor package deal and it had the same exact cam included, and roller lifters. Mine with the same engravings on it is a billet cam. Nice to upgrade to a roller from flat tappet. Mine was a 210/210 with .485 lift.

A Billet roller cam with all the hardware, springs, roller lifters, and a double roller chain for $500 isn't a good deal??

Can't wait to install mine. If you wanted to go all out get this package deal and get new roller lifters then you'd be golden. I'm already at over 5k for my rebuild so new roller lifters aren't something I want to do at this point.

Do a search for billet 210/210 cam, people love them.

.485 is a bit low for 210@.050 roller.
I assume that it isn't a "rampy" cam, in that it's ramps are prolly "lazy."
Some Comp Cams flat tappet cams have more area under the curve than some lazier rollers. That's why I always use Comp and do custom hi ramp rate lobes.
I have a cam analyzer and can measure, analyze, and graph every aspect of any cam(s).
Why carry the inertia of a heavy, expensive roller lifter and higher spring rate unless you are positive you are gaining HP?
TIMINATOR

I have somehow "lost" the PMs from the folks that asked if I can analyze their cams. My cam analyzer is currently rented to a race team evaluating cams for their upcoming season. When I get it back, I will be happy to evaluate cams for anyone! We are in Avondale,AZ, a suburb of Phoenix, so if you aren't local, you would have shipping both ways.
To save you all some cash, and time, let me say that I have analyzed thousands of cams in the last 50 years, and can give you all some trends:
Comp Cams has the quickest across the board ramp rates of any cams that I have analysed..
So does Bullet, but they have a much smaller library of lobes, and most are geared towards more common motors than Buicks, and are slanted towards N/A, mountain motor, belt driven blown, and nitrous engines.
Although it is possible, I have never seen a smaller companies cam have a quicker ramp rate, higher lift, nor more area under the curve than a Comp Cams equilivent, except for the few companies that have Comp grind their "proprietary house cams" and re brand them. But why bother with those anyway? Why not call Comp and let them, with more experience, grind you exactly what you need?
AND you save the extra level of markup and shipping to the secondary company.
Remember: A CRATE MOTOR IS SOMEONE ELSES IDEA OF WHAT YOU WANT!
Same with cams....
Comp is the only cam mfgr. that I know of that publishes their entire lobe library in an easily obtainable catalogue of lobes(this is in addition to their normal catalogue).
Crane did that for one year in, I believe, about 1998. It didn't help their sales, and was discontinued.
If you run Top Fuel, Erson has some of the best cams for that, but for the other motors/applications, not so much.
For those with thin wallets and not enough knowlege to make an informed choice, just call the Comp tech line, the more info you can give them the better your results will be!
Actual compression, deck height, gears, convertor, car weight, boost, intended usage, head flow figures, exhaust, and every bit of info you can provide will get you a better match for your app.
Garbage in=garbage out.
Have your build sheet/specs when you call. Generic info results in generic results!
Or, you can just keep doing what you have always done, crank up the boost!
P.S. in my measurements, I have found that Comps flat tappet cams have closer tolerances than most companies race rollers! My cam analyzer measures to a tenth of a degree, and a hundred thousandth of an inch. There exists better equipment, but I have done well with what I have, and I don't have an extra $50k or so, laying around for something better.
TIMINATOR