You can type here any text you want

Possible SD chip Powerlogger issue...HELP!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jasjamz

THS Racer
Car was running fine Friday evening. On the way home I was caught in a thunderstorm I my T-Top GN. Made it home just fine. Next morning I install a FMIC and drive the car to fill up on fuel. Still driving great. On the ride home I get a few stumbles on the highway. No biggie, kept rolling.

I get a mile from home and go to pull off from the stop light and the car is stumbling very bad to the point of wanting to stall with light throttle. Heavy throttle, it stumbles past the low RPM and rips down the street! I get it home park it and run in for my laptop. I notice my map sensor is no longer reading. Says -29 and will not read or graph boost. I figure I have killed the MAP sensor and limp into the garage.

Now things get worse Data screen is flickering, my BLM map is all 128 and the car wil start and idle but any throttle it reads lean of the chart and stall. I have tried an new 3 bar, two ECM's and a coil and module. Still nothing. Car has plenty of grounds.
I did notice I can faintly hear the key in ignition chime which never worked before.
Here is a log with KOEO

Biggest grudge event of the year Saturday and l really wanted to go to the track and test today. Now Im stuck.
Any Ideas? Eric Bob?

Attachments

I know you are a wiz with these cars but did you go over the basics? You installed anew FMIC so is it possible you blew a IC hose?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I know you are a wiz with these cars but did you go over the basics? You installed anew FMIC so is it possible you blew a IC hose?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks! Yeah, I tried all the basic stuff. I sometimes get a little water in the ECM connector in a heavy rain. No water there. Even pulled a stock ecm, prepped it for the powerlogger and still the same results. I believe my PL and chip my have took a poop. If so, I know Eric and Bob did it while I pumped gas to get me to buy the SD2 chip!;) I'm heading out to the garage to tinker with it more now. I have never seen this issue.

I believe my PL and chip my have took a poop.

I think you are right.

Remember that time mine got fried (shorted) at that dyno day? That sucked! PL and chip were still OK but the ECM was toast.

you need to ensure the PL is working, on the original SD chip, the PL supplies the MAP data to the ECM, and the ECM does all the computations from there.

when you key on, the LED on the PL should blink once,

are you getting scanmaster data from the PL? is it talking to the laptop?

try a stock chip, just to see if the data is working on it.

ever get water into the PL?

Bob

you need to ensure the PL is working, on the original SD chip, the PL supplies the MAP data to the ECM, and the ECM does all the computations from there.

when you key on, the LED on the PL should blink once,

are you getting scanmaster data from the PL? is it talking to the laptop?

try a stock chip, just to see if the data is working on it.

ever get water into the PL?

Bob

Yes, It blinks once,

I was but Not after the third Key on cycle today

Will try another chip here in a moment

Had issues of water in the ECM connector in prior years.

No signs on the Powerlogger but its possible.

From this experience, I will be requesting a spare modded ECM.;)

I have friend that will supply me with a ECM, Powerlogger and SD chip this evening. I will report back with my findings.
I appreciate all the tips and help! Keep them coming. I need to run out for about 2 hours.

you need to ensure the PL is working, on the original SD chip, the PL supplies the MAP data to the ECM, and the ECM does all the computations from there
Does the SD2 do it different now ?

Back