Poston enterprises

garrett

I would like to take this opportunity to warn all people who use this board, about a bad, untrustworthy vender. Over the last ten years, I have purchased approximately $6000 to $8000 of merchandise from Poston Enterprises. They have recently changed ownership, and the quality of service and reliability has gone way down.
Let me tell you about my latest and last experience with them.
On 11/07/08, I purchased a stock replacement K&N air filter for my GN as well as a rear main seal, and a dual guage console holder. I called back after about 30 minutes and told them that I didn't want the guage holder. This was not a problem since it was late in the day and the order did not get processed for shipment. The next day I discovered that they charged me for the guage holder anyways. When I recieved my order, It was missing the K&N air filter and the rear main seal was not correct. The seal was knurled and It was blue with steal in the core. I have later been informed that it is for a big block. When I called Poston's, they told me the air filter was on back order and that they would send me a refund for the guage holder. As on Jan, 2009, they have not obtained any K&N air filters, so I told them to forget it and refund me that amount as well. They agreed, but they were unwilling to do anything for me concerning the wrong rear main seal. I have called them twice a week for the last month, concerning my refund. They keep saying that they will send me the $57 they owe me, but they still have not. I feel that I am at an impass with them. Their credability is shot, and I feel that I will have to take other measures to solve this problem. This is a strong warning to anybody considering ordering parts from them, Don't do it. They will charge you, before they have the parts. If they can't get the parts, they will keep your money and you will be screwed. If they have the parts in stock, they might send you the wrong ones.
As turbo Buick people, we need to stick together and warn each other about these fraudulent businesses. I believe they will go out of business soon. They have had my money for three months, I'll probably never see it.

Tell your credit card company about the charges and the non delivery of parts or refunds. Make sure you have records of when you called and what was said. You can get your money back.

I used to like Poston's. I liked the fact that I could call and Michelle would remember all my info just by saying "this is Eric in Las Cruces" and never had a problem with them. Good to know about this kind of stuff happening although sad that they are ruining a good thing as a vender.

Poston

This isn't the first time I heard this. I have been wanting to order some items from them and now I know. :(

I ordered a valve cover breather online, and a week later had heard no response, so I called to check on my order and was told the part has been discontinued since June 08!! :mad:

They still owe me a credit from january 5th. When I called they said they had to lay off a bunch of people and the credit dept. is slow but will refund me eventually. I will eventually contact the BBB.

I have done alot of business with them in the past -at least when I first started doing mods. always seemed helpful, answered questions and had in stock what I was looking for. Can't say I've done much with tem in the last year, but when I was told the valve cover breather was discontinued for several months I thought that was out of character for them. At least in that many months you would think they could update a website--how diffucult to delete item!? or put discontinued?

Man, what a shame. They were always a great company, my goto for years. Just bought about $700 of stuff from them around this time last year.

YEARS ago I purchased a set of headers from them complete with crossover pipe. Back then they offered a LIFETIME warranty on their headers which has been changed to a 1 year warranty several years ago. Anyway my driver's side header cracked and I recently sent it back to them for replacement. I spoke to the owner last year in Bowling Green about replacing it and he said no problem just send it back to us. Well since Bowling Green has passed the company has changed ownership. I talked to the new owner on the phone to let her know that I was sending my header in for replacement. She told me that since she had taken ownership of the company she has found out that the previous owner had lots of unpaid accounts with their parts suppliers. She said that they weren't sending them any more parts until the past debts were paid. She told me that this had her in a MAJOR bind as the debts were large and numerous. She told me that she'd be willing to honor the warranty but she didn't know if she had any driver's side headers in stock and the person in charge of that was gone for the day (it was late). She said that if they had any they would send it out but if they didn't have it in stock that I couldn't even buy one from them because their header supplier was one of the outstanding debts they were facing. I told her that if they cannot replace it to send it back to me and I'll have it repaired. I figured I'd get my cracked header back with the excuse that they didn't have any and I'd be on my own but to my surprise she stepped up and sent me a brand new driver's side header. That tells me that she was being 100% straight up honest with me. Given their current situation I'll not order anything from them without talking on the phone and verifying that they have it in stock. I won't place any online orders but I woundn't hesitate to buy something from them that they can tell you they're putting their hands on. I wish them the best and I hope they get back on their feet soon.

been waitin for more than a couple weeks on some stuff from poston myself.:mad:

excellent advise wendy on the not ordering unless they got their hands on it. i shoulda done the same. very very annoying when companies do this (their fault or not). theres a tb.com vendor thats lost alot of my business because of this. haven't, and wont badmouth them, but its caused me to look everywhere else first

YEARS ago I purchased a set of headers from them complete with crossover pipe. Back then they offered a LIFETIME warranty on their headers which has been changed to a 1 year warranty several years ago. Anyway my driver's side header cracked and I recently sent it back to them for replacement. I spoke to the owner last year in Bowling Green about replacing it and he said no problem just send it back to us. Well since Bowling Green has passed the company has changed ownership. I talked to the new owner on the phone to let her know that I was sending my header in for replacement. She told me that since she had taken ownership of the company she has found out that the previous owner had lots of unpaid accounts with their parts suppliers. She said that they weren't sending them any more parts until the past debts were paid. She told me that this had her in a MAJOR bind as the debts were large and numerous. She told me that she'd be willing to honor the warranty but she didn't know if she had any driver's side headers in stock and the person in charge of that was gone for the day (it was late). She said that if they had any they would send it out but if they didn't have it in stock that I couldn't even buy one from them because their header supplier was one of the outstanding debts they were facing. I told her that if they cannot replace it to send it back to me and I'll have it repaired. I figured I'd get my cracked header back with the excuse that they didn't have any and I'd be on my own but to my surprise she stepped up and sent me a brand new driver's side header. That tells me that she was being 100% straight up honest with me. Given their current situation I'll not order anything from them without talking on the phone and verifying that they have it in stock. I won't place any online orders but I woundn't hesitate to buy something from them that they can tell you they're putting their hands on. I wish them the best and I hope they get back on their feet soon.

I went to order a console riser from them about 2 months ago online and called after 2 weeks, only to find out the same thing about the last owner not paying any bills. I ended up buying one from Southeast Turbo and it worked out great.

Nick

I still think as far as customer service and shipping items out in a timely manner you can't beat Kibans. I was never a big fan of Postons. I think primarily because of their lack of website at one time.

Of course there are many things unavailable from Kirban vs. items you would get at Gbody or other vendors but I did business with Kirban for (8) years and never got burned once and parts always arrived within a couple of days.

postons

I found out from my credit card company that I was SOL because it was more than 60 days from the point of purchase. I then called Postons with a nasty attitude. What the hell, I had nothing to lose at that point. I don't enjoy treating people like that. But this time it worked. They sent my refund in two days. Unfortunately, I can't trust them in the future.

This sux...I bought a crossover pipe a while back. After months of calling, was told it was on back order...been a loooong time now. Asked for a refund several times, was told I would get it...still nothing, now I find out I am SOL for my money and pipe...brutal! :mad:

Is POSTONS closed down or something??Ive been calling all week,number diconnected?WTF:mad: I just spent $280.00 for belt moldings inner and outer,placed the order last week with the "new owner". She said they would be here beginning of the week. This dont look good.