You can type here any text you want

power dies

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hondaflr

hey guys im fairly new to this thread, ive been reading on with my father. he recently just handed me the keys to his grand national and has left some problems up to me to figure out.
well the main problem we are having is that the car will build boost to about 15 boost pull fairly strong till about 80-90 stay in boost but start to lag down, loose power. any insite on what possible problem can cause this.
thanks

I would guess it's the fuel pump laying down and the car going lean. Do you have a scan tool to show any data or a fuel pressure gage?

If you post more details of the car's set-up that would help also.

Welcome aboard and yes, GET A SCAN TOOL!! Need a little more info on the car as well as a location. If you've got someone near you they are willing to help most of the time, all you have to do is ask. Go to your user controls and add location and sig so we know what you got.

thanks for the welcoming!
basically what my dad has told me this
red armstrong 93 chip
stock fuel pump runing 94 octane
upgraded turbo internal wastegate set at 15psi
fuel pressure regulator set to 48psi vacuum line off. gauge is in engine bay
he thinks he put a 3500 stall converter
rebuilt transmission
9'' kn filter with valve cover breathers
green stripe injectors.
boost gauge autometer, knock gauge by casper, water temp and oil pressure gauge.
scanmaster tool
tps is set to .48
metal intake pipes.
3'' downpipe
hot wire kit ( need to be repaired. shorting somewherE stock system running for now)
that is all we can think of

no i did some tested, could not find any vacuum leaks, cleaned out maf sensor throttle body. checked the plugs wires coil is good. the driver side header did have a crack it was welded. passenger side need to get done next but boost does not drop down.
i hope this does help.
i am in toronto near vaughan mills mall. if anybody has any comments or help that would be great. once again thank you guys for you time.
if you guys tell me what i am looking for specifically on the scantool i can mark it down and let you know.

And a new hot wire kit.

DON'T get into the boost until you get these things or you will have to learn how to change head gaskets.

There are several guys in Toronto. See if there's a Canada section at the bottom of the main forum page and say hello. You should get some responses and maybe some help. I think Beach Bum lives in Toronto as well.

TPS is a little high. I would get it around .42 Isn't effecting your power loss though!

thanks for the welcoming!
basically what my dad has told me this
red armstrong 93 chip
stock fuel pump runing 94 octane
upgraded turbo internal wastegate set at 15psi
fuel pressure regulator set to 48psi vacuum line off. gauge is in engine bay
he thinks he put a 3500 stall converter
rebuilt transmission
9'' kn filter with valve cover breathers
green stripe injectors.
boost gauge autometer, knock gauge by casper, water temp and oil pressure gauge.
scanmaster tool
tps is set to .48
metal intake pipes.
3'' downpipe
hot wire kit ( need to be repaired. shorting somewherE stock system running for now)
that is all we can think of

You did good finding this website there is a lot of good people here with a wealth of information to get your car sorted out and running great,welcome aboard and ask away. :smile:

I don't know anything about reds chips but the fuel pressure reg. looks to be set a little high,normally it is set at 43 - 45

TPS should be set to .42 as already mentioned

New fuel pump and hot wire kit is a must have.

What year is the car?

John :smile:

Your stock fuel pump probably is on it's way out.

Your TPS is set too high. Better at .42
Your fuel pressure is set too high. Better at 42-43

GET A SCANTOOL!!! Cant troubleshoot a computer controlled car without one. Preferably a Scanmaster to start out with.

hey guys im fairly new to this thread, ive been reading on with my father. he recently just handed me the keys to his grand national and has left some problems up to me to figure out.
well the main problem we are having is that the car will build boost to about 15 boost pull fairly strong till about 80-90 stay in boost but start to lag down, loose power. any insite on what possible problem can cause this.
thanks

I see in your list of mods you have a scanmaster and a knock gauge.

When the car gets to 80 - 90 mph where you say it starts to lag down and lose power are you seeing any out of parameter readings on the scanmaster or any knock detection / timing retading ?

Can you post the scanmaster readings this may help with finding other problems besides the fuel pump/hot wire kit ?

John :smile:

just found out we have the walbro 307 009 injectors. and we have the turbolink program. im hoping this is good enough for scanning the car for information
Unfortunatly the transmission started to slip today when we were going to scan the car. so i will be fixing the transmission and changing the fuel pump and installing a new hot wire kit. i will keep you guys posted let you know the outcome after this. thanks again.

Back