Power logger issue

1952ray

Scrambled Dog
Have a PL less then a year old . Loaded on laptop and did work fine. Have not log anything in the last two months. New Alky installed. Tried to log the day before yesterday and it will not connect to the laptop. I'm get this ( access violation at address 0052EC40 in module PLC exe'. Read of address 0000002C ). Install software on another computer same deal. Took the ECM out to make sure everything still hook up right, in was. Took it to my IT people where I use to work. Now retired. They said the software is loaded right. But they know nothing about this software, would need to go back to the developer of this software to decipher this message. Anybody have any ideas what this message is or what may be going on. Thank you

What operating system? Have you checked the device manager for missing drivers?

Rick

What operating system? Have you checked the device manager for missing drivers?

Rick

Yes, the drivers were ck. oper system is 8.1. For whatever it's worth, I have sent two PM's to Bob and have heard nothing. It concerns me that a product is being sold but there is no support .

Bob is a very busy guy and does provide support as soon as he can. When you check the device manager are there any exclamation points for your USB drivers? What version of plc are you running?

Bob is a very busy guy and does provide support as soon as he can. When you check the device manager are there any exclamation points for your USB drivers? What version of plc are you running?
The latest version. Understand I have had IT guru's look at this. The software is loaded right.something is not right with the software. I'm sure Bob may be busy, however I was ask why would you buy a product where the installations refer to win98, or 2000,or XP, when those oper drivers are long gone? It is long pass time that this should be up-dated to the systems that these computers have today. I feel like a dumb ass because I could not say why

Last edited:
My win 7 operating system was difficult to get to work , the drivers have to manual loaded and I think the new 8.1 is different than Win7 as I have read , Bob will get back with you for sure , like someone says he is real busy man .

My win 7 operating system was difficult to get to work , the drivers have to manual loaded and I think the new 8.1 is different than Win7 as I have read , Bob will get back with you for sure , like someone says he is real busy man .

May be, however he was on the site last night and tonight

I'm not sure what your IT guys were looking for but the drivers work on xp, vista, 7, and 8 as I've installed on all. Did it ever work on your current laptop with this version?

I'm not sure what your IT guys were looking for but the drivers work on xp, vista, 7, and 8 as I've installed on all. Did it ever work on your current laptop with this version?

Yes , I did work fine. All we we need to know is what the error message means. Only the software writer can tell that. And that's Bob

Okay. I will not attempt to help troubleshoot.

Thank you for your reply. I guess I'm just piss off that Bob cannot will not provide anything. This is a bigger problem for all of us. We all have stuff from vendors that will go away. Everybody is getting older and then what do we all do, when the vendors call it the end game. We will have TR's with no support .

This is Windows issue, as they keep changing things with every new version, which makes it more difficult for smaller developers to keep everything up to date.

You most likely need to "disable driver signature enforcement" in Windows 8, then you may need to manually reload the drivers like in windows 7.

Here is a video on how to disable sig enforcement:

I'm am not sure there is any other single person who has supported the turbo Buick community more than Bob B, so don't worry, he's not going anywhere.

Regards,
Eric

I try to make it on the site every day. I can't read every thread, but luckily there are lots of great guys on here to help out. I see your PM's, but I'm way behind on those also.

That kind of message is from Windows itself, its hard to say exactly what is causing it, but there are a lot of guys running the same software with no issues (I'm simply saying the software is likely "fine").

I have started switching over to signed drivers, and the latest version of PLC will work with either. To convert the PL to signed drivers requires reflashing the communications chip on the PL. Easy to do here, a little harder in the field.

In any event, I am attaching the latest-latest version, in case it may help.

Bob

Attachments

• PowerLogger.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 114
This is Windows issue, as they keep changing things with every new version, which makes it more difficult for smaller developers to keep everything up to date.

You most likely need to "disable driver signature enforcement" in Windows 8, then you may need to manually reload the drivers like in windows 7.

I'm am not sure there is any other single person who has supported the turbo Buick community more than Bob B, so don't worry, he's not going anywhere.

Regards,
Eric

Eric, thank you for your reply

I try to make it on the site every day. I can't read every thread, but luckily there are lots of great guys on here to help out. I see your PM's, but I'm way behind on those also.

That kind of message is from Windows itself, its hard to say exactly what is causing it, but there are a lot of guys running the same software with no issues (I'm simply saying the software is likely "fine").

I have started switching over to signed drivers, and the latest version of PLC will work with either. To convert the PL to signed drivers requires reflashing the communications chip on the PL. Easy to do here, a little harder in the field.

In any event, I am attaching the latest-latest version, in case it may help.

Bob

Bob, thank you very much for your reply

Bob/Eric, did everything you both said to do. The only thing that has change, is now message has change to incompatible program. Bob, could I mail my laptop to you. Will pay you whatever to fix this. If so PM me

I wonder if you had a new Windows update applied to the laptop that is causing the abend. Maybe try removing the latest windows updates and see if that is causing the problem.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Regards,
Eric

After doing this like the video says , go here and then try this to load your drivers again on the zip file above from Bob ,http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=6602 , that is what I had to do to get mine to work on Win7 , what I understand you are treating your new computer making it think its Win7 again .Hope this helps