Power Master to Vacuum Conversion Done.

CanMove

Here are a few of the completed pics... I also converted rear drums to disks to match the front... All "Baer" 13" drilled and slotted rotors and 4 piston calipers..

Looks good, whats difficulty rating 1-10?

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk
To be honest i had my mechanic install the vacuum conversion kit that i bought from Kirbans. The rear Baer drum to disk conversion kit caused them some trouble because my axles were .250 shorter than they were supposed to be: Says Baer... Well needless to say , we had to do some custom work to get them all to fit and work properly... Some grinding and a custom spacer to push the caliper out to its proper position..
I since have found the brake booster to be leaking... Not 100% on that but its leaking brake fluid somewhere up front.
The car is back in the shop as we speak to get my ride tech level II tru turn coil over suspension installed... And to find and fix my brake fluid leak... I will keep you all posted.

Very nice. Did you buy it as a kit or piece it together yourself?
I bought the complete kit from Kirbans... There are other places that sell these conversion kits like GBody.com
I've been dealing with Kirbans for 15 to 20 years now so... I'm a loyal guy i guess!!!

How is the stopping power compare to the old set up ..
The pedal feels the same or if not better.. I have to put a few hundred miles on the new rear disks before i can really start using them... I will have a better answer for you in a few days...

How much boost will the vacuum brakes hold?
That was a concern of mine before i talked to Scot from WWW.GNSPerformance.com he has the exact brake set up that i do now and his car is modified. I will be able to answer that question in a few more days. Car is in shop now having the Ride Tech Tru Turn Level II Coil Over kit installed... Should be done today...
I think you would have concerns about holding brake under boost if you just did the vacuum conversion.
I also put 13" drilled and slotted rotors with 4 piston calipers all the way around my car... 4 wheel disks now with proportioning valve.

Vacuum brakes were on the car when purchased.
Engine is modified. Weber stroker, 6266 Turbo, 60 lbs injectors.
Finding it hard to build boost foot braking.
Around town brakes works good.
Disk/drum cannot compare to my daily driver with four wheel disk brakes with ABS.
Working on the handling now, next item is improving the brakes.

Vacuum brakes were on the car when purchased.
Engine is modified. Weber stroker, 6266 Turbo, 60 lbs injectors.
Finding it hard to build boost foot braking.
Around town brakes works good.
Disk/drum cannot compare to my daily driver with four wheel disk brakes with ABS.
Working on the handling now, next item is improving the brakes.
Wow, u pretty much told my story. I owned the car for 20 years I've only put on 3000 miles. The car drives like shit my brakes took a shit so the car sat all summer . After talking to Scott from www.GNSperformance.com I decided to go with the vacuum instead of the Hydro. His car is modified with bear disc brakes all the way around and he says he has no problem at all with vacuum or breaking .