power plate Question

DEFINITIONS

From first post: Car manufacturers = builders of entire motor vehicles for sale and not just engine inventors who experimented with car design to test their engines.

Again, Daimler and Benz began as the latter before becoming full car manufacturers {years later} and made their early money by licensing their patents and selling their engines to car manufacturers.

AND NOW, BACK TO THE POWER PLATE

Jesse,

Hehehehe...LOL! Something about the Power Plate initially...then the Search feature, then whether or not folks think it's cool to rip Jason off by making counterfeit PPs...then Henry Ford was mentioned, and it's just not been the same since!

LOL! :eek: :) :eek:

here are my thoughts on the powerplate...

i installed my PP when my car was pretty much stock...used to run 15 lbs MAXIMUM on 93 octane gas...anymore boost and i would knock...i installed the powerplate and i got up to 16 lbs even 17 lbs of boost without one single degree of knock...i would even sometimes squeeze in 18 lbs in cooler weather...

this was with my stock turbo btw...i switched to the te-44 turbo and 50's on the same stock motor and i can run up to 15 lbs of boost without knocking but that is due to the fact that the te-44 flows alot more air...

i even raced my car at the track with the powerplate...ran a solid 12.2 @ 112 mph with all stock components INCLUDING injectors...i had great top end and great spoolup...

on the street my car idled much smoother and it even accelerated more smoothly...i changed my plugs afterwards and number 5 and 6 were not lean at all...all plugs looked exactly the same...

i have run up to 23 lbs on the stock turbo with 110 octane gas and no knock...i don't think that would have been possible without the powerplate...that's how i ran my 12.2

also i have run 20 lbs on my te-44 and no problems...still have plenty of room to turn it up but i will in the spring with the alcohol...

also i made some mistakes while dialing my car in...one time with the stock turbo i tried running 25 lbs of boost and i redlined the knock gauge...i think if the powerplate had not been on i think i may have blown a couple headgaskets...also another time i redlined the knock gauge with the te-44 turbo thanks to a shortage of octane in my tank (long story but i accidently mixed 89 octane into my 118) i was running 20 lbs there and no engine problem...again the powerplate saved me...it has saved me SEVERAL times while tuning my car because i was stupid and let it knock lots of times trying to dial it in...to this day my stock headgaskets are still in place and the motor still runs like new...i have since watched knock like a hawk...but again i believe the powerplate has saved me from an engine rebuild numerous times because of the even airflow distribution to all cylinders...

Originally posted by Two Lane
Maybe some of these night-crawling rodents prospering from the labors of others will have a Sales Booth at BG/Bristol/Norwalk/ET.

Then, we can show our appreciation in person for their valuable contribution.

(Thanks, TRK...so that means there was no new news in the prior 4-pgs.)

To be honest,this item has been discussed quite extensively on more than one thread.
The points I've read here were also stated on the previous threads.
The "clone" thing sucks though,whether you believe in the product or not.
Jason put a lot of hard work into this,he doesn't deserve to be ripped off.
Feel free to e-mail me Jason and let me know who is selling these from Canada.
I'd really like to know,especially if he's local to me.

Originally posted by BoostedBug
I have a NEW RJC plate..am I going to put it on my car? NO! Why? I am going to make one out of 3/8" billit aluminum to serve as a spacer for my upper and I don't want 2 seperate plates on my Intake.

I have no problem with this, but by changing the thickness of the plate, you have changed the flow characteristics of the plate, so it may not work like the original.

David
87GN

I got one of these plates in a trade with someone...how can I be sure it's a "real" RJC plate? It's aluminum, not steel. Appears to be very well made, so hopefully it's a real one.

Does a hole need to be drilled for the EGR?

Originally posted by d0n_3d
here are my thoughts on the powerplate...

i installed my PP when my car was pretty much stock...used to run 15 lbs MAXIMUM on 93 octane gas...anymore boost and i would knock...i installed the powerplate and i got up to 16 lbs even 17 lbs of boost without one single degree of knock...i would even sometimes squeeze in 18 lbs in cooler weather...

this was with my stock turbo btw...i switched to the te-44 turbo and 50's on the same stock motor and i can run up to 15 lbs of boost without knocking but that is due to the fact that the te-44 flows alot more air...

i even raced my car at the track with the powerplate...ran a solid 12.2 @ 112 mph with all stock components INCLUDING injectors...i had great top end and great spoolup...

on the street my car idled much smoother and it even accelerated more smoothly...i changed my plugs afterwards and number 5 and 6 were not lean at all...all plugs looked exactly the same...

i have run up to 23 lbs on the stock turbo with 110 octane gas and no knock...i don't think that would have been possible without the powerplate...that's how i ran my 12.2

dON, 15 lbs of boost whether it comes from the stock turbo or a 44 is still just that...15 lbs of boost, so I do not think the PP is a factor there and I have pumped 23 lbs on a stock turbo before with 110 or a little higher fuel and no knock and it depends alot on the timing your running, so it can be done without the PP. Don no slame here but I wonder about the PP still as some sort of restrictor and I know the openings in it are bigger than the TB opening, but what about the turbulance created above the PP?? Still waiting for that 6 position EGT on a dyno...flame suit on!

Originally posted by WakkoSS
I got one of these plates in a trade with someone...how can I be sure it's a "real" RJC plate? It's aluminum, not steel. Appears to be very well made, so hopefully it's a real one.

Does a hole need to be drilled for the EGR?

My RJC plate says RJC Racing on the middle part on one side...Look and see but mine is steal and not aluminum...

Originally posted by RareT
I am one of the folks who attended Bowling Green last year and "felt" the difference in air distribution between power plate on/power plate off. That demonstration alone sold me on the product whether it made me go faster or slower.

Ed

Ahhh,the old"palm o' the hand flow bench" eh?:D

wasn't that the thing with the leaf blower hooked to a intake? If so that is old smoke and mirrors, see you will feel more air in the rear of the intake hooked to a leaf blower because the is no heads there to creat BOOST!!!, the air is just flowing and it will blow harder in the rear like that. You say the plate made it feel the same on all 6, because it made a restriction!!!well I think they are the same on all six when it is under boost. 20 psi of air filling the rear cylinders is the same 20psi filling the front!!

Hey Jessi,

Boy this tread has because big, just one question and 5000 answers, How are you wheels doing? do they fit ok? I have not been able to get my rear one's on yet, Had to rebuild the posi unit. Take care and dont get to cold up there

thanks Jeff

Quit causing trouble Jeff....LOL..I already got my hand slapped earlyer today from some moderators..

Originally posted by Hyper
wasn't that the thing with the leaf blower hooked to a intake? If so that is old smoke and mirrors, see you will feel more air in the rear of the intake hooked to a leaf blower because the is no heads there to creat BOOST!!!, the air is just flowing and it will blow harder in the rear like that. You say the plate made it feel the same on all 6, because it made a restriction!!!well I think they are the same on all six when it is under boost. 20 psi of air filling the rear cylinders is the same 20psi filling the front!!

I 'll keep this short......it's a well known fact that the TR's run lean in cylinders 5 and 6. Most head gasket failures occur in these same 2 cylinders. Spark plugs typically indicate a lean condition in 5 and 6 as well. The same air that flows through the intake, flows INTO the heads.

Hang in there guys, winter will be over for ya soon. :D

Ed