Power plate

realspartan

Does the RJC power plate make a difference in driveability and performance? Is it worth the time and money? My car is pretty much stock.

Regards,
Realspartan

yes

It helps. No measurements but stock performance was improved a bit. ;)

Dyno Data

I would like to see actual Dyno data showing power increase with the power plate. Seems counter-intuitive to decrease flow area and actually increase power.

I would like to see actual Dyno data showing power increase with the power plate. Seems counter-intuitive to decrease flow area and actually increase power.

well it does even out the flow to the cyl's. Have em on all my cars here..9/12 sec street cars .. IF ya do a search there are MANY threads beating this to death. :p

Doesn't necessaryily ADD power, it ALLOWS you to add power more efficiently. Evens the distribution. Lots of info on it where back cylinders burned more lean than front (or vice versa) without it, guys able to increase boost and not get KR, etc.

IF ya do a search there are MANY threads beating this to death.

I searched on this and most of the threads in those 13 pages come back from the "Marketplace"... not a lot of tech info left there... maybe a sticky?
I was also wondering if it was worth installing this piece on an otherwise stock motor.

I searched on this and most of the threads in those 13 pages come back from the "Marketplace"... not a lot of tech info left there... maybe a sticky?
I was also wondering if it was worth installing this piece on an otherwise stock motor.

I'd want one on a stock TB/plenum/intake car, like mine, even at stock HP levels. May not increase power but it won't take any away either; despite the way it looks like it would. I drive my car hard and have never had any plugs look leaner than others, so they work IMHO. And install is easy.

I was on the fence and bought a PP when they came out years back.

I notice NO knock improvement/could not run higher boost with it. But did notice smoother acceleration, smoother idle, better off idle and all the plugs look the same vs w/o it.

The plugs told me all I needed to know! Get one

Hint for better searching: change it to NOT look in all forums or threads, only in tech. Should eliminate the extra crap.

Hint for better searching: change it to NOT look in all forums or threads, only in tech.

Ya know, I hadn't done that :eek: but based on what I read so far, I think I'm gonna pick one up and do the install when I remove the TB assembly. For $65 it sounds like it's worthwhile. :cool:

Ya know, I hadn't done that :eek: but based on what I read so far, I think I'm gonna pick one up and do the install when I remove the TB assembly. For $65 it sounds like it's worthwhile. :cool:

Keep an eye out in the for sale section. when someone sells their car, or upgrades to a larger throttle body, you can usually pick one up for ~$40 - $45, sometimes shipped.