You can type here any text you want

Power Windows or Not?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DaveyX87

Thoughts on power windows vs. manual crank-ups on a Grand National? I'm thinking of buying an 87 with manual windows. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think I'd prefer electric windows. I suppose I can always convert it.

I honestly believe you will regret not having power windows...Yes they weigh more, BUT having to lean across the car to roll down a window in order to chat up some hottie or to talk smack to some hopeless Mustang owner really knocks you down a level... Just a thought.

Putting power window in is not a big deal, so if the car is a steal, then buy it by all means.

Adrian

I'd definitely prefer power windows for all the benefits that ''karolko'' just listed above. but if you can get a good deal on a GN with manual windows it's still worth considering.;)

Claude.

Thoughts on power windows vs. manual crank-ups on a Grand National? I'm thinking of buying an 87 with manual windows. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think I'd prefer electric windows. I suppose I can always convert it.

I have manual crank window on mine and it is not big deal. You avoid all the hassels when the power windows fail and they all do fail. My 2 cents. Brad

Thanks for the input. I suppose I could live with it for the right price. The trouble is I am already going 3k above my budget if I get the car. That really leaves no room for upgrades. I wonder what it would cost to convert? Oh the dilemma.

I have both. Actually prefer the manual windows. Power windows too slow unless you buy new assembly.

You should have seen my kids' faces when they got in a car without power windows. They didn't know how to roll them down. For me I prefer power windows. Conversion should be simple enough if its the right car. I would be more focused on that than the windows.

You ll hate life with power windows. It's quicker to lean over and roll it up/down. My last one took forever to go up now I have Manuel:)

I have a no power GN and I love it, don't even have rear defroster. I always have the t-tops off anyway so I don't know why I would want the windows up. Plus like they say it's not a far lean to crank the passenger side. It all comes down to personal preference, go test drive that GN and at a stop light/stop sign reach over and roll it down to see what it's like.

First of no hotties will be talking to you in a GN. I do agree that they are useful for taunting Mustang drivers though. Or for answering the barrage of questions and compliments you will get. I never was a fan of manual windows and unless my car had deep tint or was a 'drag car' I would not get/keep manual windows. 1960's or 70's manual windows wouldn't be out of place, but for 1987 it doesn't look right. JMO.

Back