Powerlogger is bringing me down. please help!

nolanator

@none_more_black
Hey everyone,
I've been on all sorts of forums and pages searching high and low how to get this thing working properly and im at a loss as to what to do. My computer runs Windows 8.1, and I've already disabled the signature verification, went into device settings and updated the drivers for both the powerlogger and the USB drive. Both state that they are "properly running" -- all this was done with the key in the "ON" position and the USB cord plugged into both the ECU and the computer -- but when I open PLC the window states it is "Not Connected". More so, I can't even close out the PLC window because a little window comes up that says it is unable to write the Powerlogger program. I don't know if these two things are related, but they're both frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Where is your Powerlogger folder located? You should have the Powerlogger folder either in the "my documents" folder, or on your desktop.

It is normal for it to be "not connected" when you open PLC, you have to connect by going into monitor mode.

Where is your Powerlogger folder located? You should have the Powerlogger folder either in the "my documents" folder, or on your desktop.

It is normal for it to be "not connected" when you open PLC, you have to connect by going into monitor mode.

I have it on my desktop, although when I opened it, I did it through the D drive. As far as monitor mode, i'm not sure what that is. I apologize.

Make sure you open the PLC program from the folder that it's located in (on the desktop in your case).

For the Powerlogger to receive data, it has to be in monitor mode by pressing the "monitor" button.

Capture159.JPG

Make sure you open the PLC program from the folder that it's located in (on the desktop in your case).

For the Powerlogger to receive data, it has to be in monitor mode by pressing the "monitor" button.

View attachment 258202

aw I feel silly for not knowing that. I appreciate the info. I'll try it again tomorrow and check back in. Thank you, sir.

Plus give it time to open also , it takes a few seconds to come on , my computer about 15 sec , after you hit monitor mode or F8

once PLC knows which port is the PL, unchecking the Auto box next to the port selector on the F3 page will make PLC connect faster.

B

With your guys' help i figured it out and made a pull but the vacuum line go my MAP sensor was disconnected so it was horrible. I'll play around with it after work and post my findings. Thanks!