Powerlogger issues w Vista

mzunino

I have not been able to use my Powerlogger w laptop since switching to PC with Vista. I have posted before and people have told me they have no problem with there's. Is there another file I can download for Vista? Maybe the disc I have has a glitch? PL works well with my scanmaster so I am confused why it won't work.

I have not been able to use my Powerlogger w laptop since switching to PC with Vista. I have posted before and people have told me they have no problem with there's. Is there another file I can download for Vista? Maybe the disc I have has a glitch? PL works well with my scanmaster so I am confused why it won't work.

I can send you a zipped folder with the Vista drivers needed. HOWEVER, I can't for the life of my find the instructions I had for installing the drivers.

Well, I thought I could attach them here, but that didn't work. :mad:

Let me run a test email to see if that even works.

For some reason when I right click a folder and click "send to" and tell it "zipped folder", that folder wont attach to an email or here either. :mad:

I'm totally confused.

I would appreciate any help you can provide, it has been very frustrating for sure.

I tried going through the original way described and then through Computer>manage> etc but then it would not allow me to install legacy driver once i connected to the PL. Any suggestions?

do you have the latest drivers in a folder in the PowerLogger folder?

Try this:

with the PL plugged in and the key on, there should be 2 entries in the USB section with "!" on them.

Right click and select update driver, and direct the driver installation wizard to the drivers folder in the PowerLogger folder. Don't direct the wizard to any internal folders in drivers.

let me know how this goes.

Bob

is there a section for "ports" ?

can you post a screenshot of the device manager?

I went into the Device manager>ports>update drivers it ran for a while then said it was complete here is the info

POwerlogger (Com35)
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ftser2k.sys
C:\windows\system 32\DRIVERS\serenum.sys
C:\\Windows\system32\ftservi2.dll

Tried to do screen shot but not working ctrl prnt screen right?

COM35 seems kinda high, I don't remember how high PLC scans...

see if it will let you change it to COM 5 or something like that

B

i set mine to COM200, and it still connected.

What version of PLC are you running? What software is in your PL?

Bob

When I go through the device manager it is not able to be changed and is listed as com 35. However, when I go into the PL screen under f3 Configure and download it is listed as Com Port 1. I may just be getting confused on the questions, I am not sure. my version is 1.3.3

TurboBob you are the man!!! It is working, thank you so very much. I deleted my old version and downloaded the new one. Turned the key one and it was working. Could not start the car because my son is sleeping but I think we are in business. I really appreciate your time and patience. Its folks like you that make me glad I own a Turbo Buick!

Nice!
2thumbs.gif

What version is that?

its pretty much the same as the latest stuff on that "feature request" thread on Full Throttle. It has some new stuff inside it that is not enabled for the public to use yet.... :)